TECH hows (mt) media temple hosting?

nashstradamus

Nov 2, 2003
East Coast, USA
im looking at the (dv) dedicated virtual package @ $50 a month because i need to scale up my servers for a large organization that i will be managing and hosting a site for (14k+ members)

anyone currently using this or the (gs) grid service package?

i like the ability to resell the hosting and provide a control panel for my clients.

i have absolutely no experience with hosting, so if this is something that is pretty standard let me know.

how is cpanel? can you install this on any web server?

lot of random q's but i figured here is the best place to ask...

Ricky

█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
Jun 17, 2005
hostgator is a shitty company.

Took down one of my websites that crawled a bunch of torrent sites and linked to their torrent pages.

Didn't even link to the torrent itself.

symptic

I run companies
Oct 12, 2003
(mt) is great for designers because they give away a lot of free hosting. Their customer service (from my experience) is amazing. That said, they're also not known as the best company to work with. They're very corporate and not very personal, which I prefer.

I use www.wdservers.com The owner is an old buddy. He treats customers well.

herzog

unedukated rednek
Nov 1, 2001
I use (mt) dv. Love it and recommend it.

Grid experience has been sub-par though. Mysql on their grid service is ridiculous!

I've also noticed that their customer support is much better for the dv than the grid service as well.

symptic

I run companies
Oct 12, 2003
I use (mt) dv. Love it and recommend it.

Grid experience has been sub-par though. Mysql on their grid service is ridiculous!

I've also noticed that their customer support is much better for the dv than the grid service as well.
I've had great experiences with the grid' customer service. I was given 2 free months, even. Not like they can't afford it at $20/mo though. :run: I like the brand though, and when it comes time to scale my business, I will probably look to them because they are the most trustworthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan