https://www.reddit.com/r/ABoringDystopia/

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
I hope it happens to you so you can come back and tell us how an endless stream of self driving cars using your driveway is one of the best things that's ever happened to you.
Yeah. Once. Fine. I don't care if someone uses my driveway to turn around, not should I. But with the way computers work it could get out of hand real quick, as it seems to have.

Something similar happened to someone in the dead center of the US. It was marked 0,0 on maps online. And whenever someone entered in null for an address in a database it would default to 0,0. His house. Started getting tons of collections notices and subpoenas and private investigators showing up to his house constantly. For years. Good times

• Wow
Reactions: Dylith

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Can't she put up a sign that says something like, "By crossing onto this private property the entity and all businesses associated with it, human or automotive agrees to pay the fee of $500 for uses of the private property"?

• Cool
Reactions: ghost.prawn

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
Can't she put up a sign that says something like, "By crossing onto this private property the entity and all businesses associated with it, human or automotive agrees to pay the fee of $500 for uses of the private property"?
Lol no.

OLBERTMAN

;)
OT Supporter
Oct 12, 2005
North Carolina
I grew up in that area and knew somebody who got locked up like that for having a little bit of weed and getting pulled over. 4.0 student and no priors.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Stepping into someone’s private property doesn’t a contract make. it doesn’t count as you agreeing to anything therefore the owner can’t claim a breach.
If they're using her property to make money (should be easy to argue by a lawyer since they're generating data they intend to monetize) I see google un-fucking the situation right quick.

Kafka

Virtue and Terror
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
If they're using her property to make money (should be easy to argue by a lawyer since they're generating data they intend to monetize) I see google un-fucking the situation right quick.
I didn’t know the whole context thought this was about penalizing someone for trespassing. My bad.

Reactions: PanzerAce

jrmcm

This world shall know pro-pain
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
I think deploying spike traps is a felony in every state. That said, it would be on private property instead of a public road so maybe you'd be in the clear. But I could see such a big company fucking you over in a civil suit regardless.
I don’t believe there is anything illegal about accidentally spilling a large box of nails on your own driveway

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State

Given the countless lives that these pieces of shit willingly ruined, they should be executed in the town square

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
Zero chance that works.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
"Conahan, 70, was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison but was released to home confinement in 2020 — with six years left on his sentence — because of the coronavirus pandemic."

WTF. I have good news for him. COVID is over, so he can go back to fucking prison now.

Noparking

Platinum Member
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
South Island, New Zeland
Teton Country Wyoming has the highest income per capita in the US and one of the largest wealth gaps. It is reaching it's breaking point in the community now where fire, Ems, police and the hospital can't be properly staffed because the cheapest house you can find is 2mm+. This graffiti is on the side of this building is in a residential neighborhood that has been under construction for the past 3 years to store the art collection of a dead hedge fund manager. This plot of land used to have a few smaller houses on it but those were knocked down to build this. Felt fitting for this thread.
https://buckrail.com/east-jackson-vandalism-makes-a-comment-on-jacksons-wealth-disparity/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wyoming-jackson-hole-income-inequality/
1666413585752.png

Last edited:

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman