https://www.reddit.com/r/ABoringDystopia/

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF
reminds me of a classic illustration from the cyberpunk rpg guide from literally 30 years ago

komnata-risunok-set-chelovek.jpg
Yep I remember seeing this, around 2005 I wanna say

:hs:

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
wife and I are considering building in 5-10 years. I know it's a PITA, but the things that we would like in a house aren't that common - namely that it be smaller but higher quality, and I want a mega master bath with steam shower and sauna and stuff.
My setup is close. Just under 1700sqft, on ~2 acres. I had a wall taken out, ripped out the bathtub and installed a four-head shower and redid everything in 12x24 tile, turned the old showbox shower into storage.

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
wife and I are considering building in 5-10 years. I know it's a PITA, but the things that we would like in a house aren't that common - namely that it be smaller but higher quality, and I want a mega master bath with steam shower and sauna and stuff.
Yup.

I don't want a lot. 3br ranch on at least 1/2 acre and tucked away from a lot of neighbors and road noise. Honestly 2 would be fine if the master bedroom included a huge closet for her. Right now the 3rd bedroom of my house is her closet. A big kitchen and 2 car garage. Simple enough.

But then I need finished basement with a full game room.... 9ft pool table, darts, big couch, media center, full wet bar, bathroom.........and an area 4ft down for the golf simulator.

I'd be fine with busting a hole in the slab and digging down 4ft for the Sim if the house makes sense otherwise. I look almost daily at houses on zillow and my realtor has a search setup for me. I've yet to find one even worth driving to in my search. Seems building makes the most sense at this point if I'm talking about my forever home.

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
uhh yeah .gif

The odds of finding those criteria in the stated price range in this market is OMGLOLWTFBBQ
Not really. I'd spend 400k on the right house in a heartbeat. A sub 2000sqft house around Pittsburgh for 400k? That's a huge budget. Problem is that no one has the same taste as I do when it comes to house vs home.

For reference I'm in a 1150sqft house right now with a 2 car garage on a private street with a 150' private driveway. Sister bought it move in ready for $105k and it's worth $140kish now. 20 mins outside the city, 15 mins from work and under 30 mins to enough dealerships I'm not worried about getting fired or quitting. $250k should easily get me what I want and it does if you look at square footage and acreage. But I'm not interested in spending 250k on something I know needs 100k+ to make it the way i want.

This is the wrong thread for this.

Reactions: Normie and Nikuk

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman