https://www.reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/

frankelefritzsux

Good Fellowship Crew
Aug 5, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
SqozUCf.jpg

this looks like a 3rd graders art project.

MEAT TREE

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

brackac

Activate Lurker Mode!
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2001
It’s broiled at the end. But only long enough to melt the cheese
Total bullshirts. It’s leaking raw onion juices into a classic. Why even caramelize the onions?

I would at least coat the inside and outside with olive oil that has been sitting on low heat with cracked peppercorns, thyme, and oregano for about 30 minutes, and then grill it nicely before using it as a bowl.

Reactions: dorkultra

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties
Total bullshirts. It’s leaking raw onion juices into a classic. Why even caramelize the onions?

I would at least coat the inside and outside with olive oil that has been sitting on low heat with cracked peppercorns, thyme, and oregano for about 30 minutes, and then grill it nicely before using it as a bowl.
I can’t speak to this one. I’m only familiar with Choi’s

imnotryan

🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟
Oct 26, 2007
Florida
What kills me is the two people across the table from each other both videotaping it instead of enjoying the experience they are overpaying for in the moment.
Just like literally everything and anything about new york......... there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about it. It is a display for new money morons to impress people with. If one does not film it... how will their friends know how cool they are for having experienced a bunch of minimum wage workers throwing sand and expanding foam down on a table before them, doubtlessly dirtying their clothes in the process.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
SRSLY confused. What portion of what is happening is edible? It just looks like expanding sealing foam and sand.
Everything is. It's molecular gastronomy. Some of the top chefs in the world practice molecular gastonomy, like Ferran Adria (head chef at El Bulli, which was the world's #1 restaurant for years before Adria closed it), Grant Achatz (arguably one of the top 5 American chefs), etc.

imnotryan

🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟
Oct 26, 2007
Florida
Everything is. It's molecular gastronomy. Some of the top chefs in the world practice molecular gastonomy, like Ferran Adria (head chef at El Bulli, which was the world's #1 restaurant for years before Adria closed it), Grant Achatz (arguably one of the top 5 American chefs), etc.
So I guess just scoop the sand into your mouth?

imnotryan

🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟
Oct 26, 2007
Florida
Not sure, it would depend on how the chef intended the patron to eat it.
Well.................... it's a pile of unidentified powder. Probably milkshake mix from an MRE. Considering it's just blasted straight onto a table... One would assume the patron scoops the shit into his mouth.

Reactions: Nom

autibahn

Banned
Aug 24, 2006
losangeles
Just like literally everything and anything about new york......... there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about it. It is a display for new money morons to impress people with. If one does not film it... how will their friends know how cool they are for having experienced a bunch of minimum wage workers throwing sand and expanding foam down on a table before them, doubtlessly dirtying their clothes in the process.
i dont even particularly like this level of cuisine but you're just sounding like a sheltered little asshat up itt atm.

imnotryan

🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟
Oct 26, 2007
Florida
i dont even particularly like this level of cuisine but you're just sounding like a sheltered little asshat up itt atm.
or............ i've experienced the fuckin ridiculous bullshit of it first hand and witnessed exactly what it was for myself

one or the other.

Reactions: dorkultra

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448