GUN Hunting AND Tacticool Crew, make up my mind

Cannondale

The Texas Rattlesnake
Apr 17, 2007
Austin, TX
My H&R was a great rifle, but it was not as balanced as I would like, and there is always the drawback of it being a single-shot.

TS
TS
spankaveli

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
Primitive weapons used to limit you to muzzle loader but we can use single shots designed before (i dont remember the year) and over 38 cal.

anyway, i already ordered it. 220 otd :cool:

more off

May 29, 2004
convert the saiga, because i wont be able to afford to convert mine until january :wtc:

more off

May 29, 2004
150 bucks how i priced it out, you can buy it in parts. :dunno:

yah, i'm getting some more expensive parts. and then having a smith do it for me :hsd:
he's adding HK style iron sights and a few other things i cant do.
if i just wanted a basic conversion i'd have done it myself already.
this will be like a tromix job, but better :h5:
also includes a custom duracoat job :cool:

Hooligan

Jan 18, 2004
Primitive weapons used to limit you to muzzle loader but we can use single shots designed before (i dont remember the year) and over 38 cal.

anyway, i already ordered it. 220 otd :cool:
All the convenience of modern cartridge technology and the best of the hunting season. Awesome.

TS
TS
spankaveli

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
yah, i'm getting some more expensive parts. and then having a smith do it for me :hsd:
he's adding HK style iron sights and a few other things i cant do.
if i just wanted a basic conversion i'd have done it myself already.
this will be like a tromix job, but better :h5:
also includes a custom duracoat job :cool:
I'm doing the KVAR stock set, Tromix trigger group & Tromix trigger guard.

DIY w/ a friend and free welding & duracoat. :cool: :o

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.
Jul 5, 2002
Should have got a .500

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
I personally think handi-rifles are only useful for making so-so tomato stakes, so I suppose I'd go with the Saiga.

If you were wanting to get serious about hunting, I'd look into getting a damn good smoke-pole, or maybe a dedicated slug gun. OH has some bullshit about hunting only with shotguns, and I've seen some guys have killer setups in both.

Jul 5, 2002
I personally think handi-rifles are only useful for making so-so tomato stakes, so I suppose I'd go with the Saiga.

If you were wanting to get serious about hunting, I'd look into getting a damn good smoke-pole, or maybe a dedicated slug gun. OH has some bullshit about hunting only with shotguns, and I've seen some guys have killer setups in both.

My uncles go to OH every year during slug, muzzleloader, and bow season. These came from around Cadiz area 3 or 4 years ago

stags2.jpg

the middle one scored around 215 IIRC

TS
TS
spankaveli

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.

I have a .308 for regular weapons season (as well as an 870 I have a 28" barrel for) so I needed something for primitive. It was between a Handi-rifle and a muzzle loader. No thanks on the latter.

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
I have a .308 for regular weapons season (as well as an 870 I have a 28" barrel for) so I needed something for primitive. It was between a Handi-rifle and a muzzle loader. No thanks on the latter.

Oh... well then fuck, I'd go with the smoke pole (savage makes one that takes smokeless powder which looked fun to me :)), some pointy ass TSX's, and a Leupy with turrets.

It'd be fun doping a muzzle loader out to like 3-400yds. You would probably hear the *smack* upon impact.

Jul 5, 2002
Oh... well then fuck, I'd go with the smoke pole (savage makes one that takes smokeless powder which looked fun to me :)), some pointy ass TSX's, and a Leupy with turrets.

It'd be fun doping a muzzle loader out to like 3-400yds. You would probably hear the *smack* upon impact.

Energy loss would probably be too great for hunting at 300-400yds

Cannondale

The Texas Rattlesnake
Apr 17, 2007
Austin, TX
Single shots - especially cheaper ones like H&R and Rossis have a problem keeping zero. We've had a lot of people complain about it.

308groupvs3.jpg

Disregard the two sight-in shots on the right. That's a 100 yard 3-shot group with handloads out of my old NEF Survivor .308. It would do that all day long, and I never had a wandering zero problem with mine. Unless someone wants to be able to buy super expensive caliber conversion barrels for an Encore, I see no reason to not buy an NEF/H&R.

cantankerously

OT Supporter
Apr 15, 2004
South Carolina
308groupvs3.jpg

Disregard the two sight-in shots on the right. That's a 100 yard 3-shot group with handloads out of my old NEF Survivor .308. It would do that all day long, and I never had a wandering zero problem with mine. Unless someone wants to be able to buy super expensive caliber conversion barrels for an Encore, I see no reason to not buy an NEF/H&R.

I'm just posting what i have seen from my personal experience. I've had several people complaining about those guns not holding zero since deer season began. Take it however you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan