GUN I am tired of the lack of leadership in my unit.

Jyokker

The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn
Nov 15, 2004
Panama City, FL
We have a ton of complex rules and processes that we have to use when working on equipment, making config changes, reboots, etc.

Sometimes when you are so focused working on something, you may forget to do this electronic paperwork entirely or not complete it all. Anytime these actions are not completed, the CC is notified, who mentions it to the Super, who mentions it to the Flight Chief, and downhill it goes. The CC notification just started a month ago.

This prompts the Flight Chief to declare that any and all violations will be met with paperwork. I suggest that we create a failsafe, so that we catch it before the CC is notified and dodge all of this mess. He replies with "You're in the military". This coming from the same guy who says "This is just a job, anyone who takes this military thing seriously is crazy" and my favorite "We're not in the real Air Force".
:ugh:

Rather than find a solution to a problem, leadership (read: management) decides to post sniper paperwork for anyone who commits simple human error.

Cliffs: Jyokker is bitching about lack of leadership and Accord now has the clap, though he doesn't know yet.

Last edited:

andymodem

Ambitious, but rubbish.
Oct 4, 2001
Baltimore, MD
Glad I didn't respond to the job email if I would've been under him. I hate people like that. :o

I'll just stay in my cushy OSI job, only 7 months left. :coold:

TS
TS
Jyokker

Jyokker

Nov 15, 2004
Panama City, FL
Glad I didn't respond to the job email if I would've been under him. I hate people like that. :o

I'll just stay in my cushy OSI job, only 7 months left. :coold:
This guy wasn't in charge back then. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone right now.

TS
TS
Jyokker

Jyokker

Nov 15, 2004
Panama City, FL
On a good note, I went ahead and implemented my plan to curtail the chain of command dump and called the people who monitor it. I asked them if there were any items delinquent or about to be delinquent and they told me of one.

The guy had just come off of leave and someone else had scheduled it for him. He thought it was for tomorrow. I saved his butt from getting paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor