SPORTS I argue that Georges St. Pierre is the greatest MMA Fighter of all-time

Cyan Connect

It is the unknown that defines our existence.
OT Supporter
Mar 3, 2005
Why? He quit Karate when he was sixteen and started doing Boxing, Wrestling, and BJJ around that time. Khabib Nurmagomedov has been wrestling bears since he was six. Royce Gracie has been doing BJJ since he was like three. Basically, I argue GSP is the best of all-time because, chronologically-speaking, he started full-contact sports later than everyone else and only lost two fights. Every other fighter, like Khabib, has been fighting since they were like six. GSP became one of the best of all-time and only started full-contact MMA sports when he was like sixteen.

That is my argument for why he is the best. He started as one of the latest to start MMA, and he became one of the best.

• Wow
Reactions: Cicada
TS
TS
Cyan Connect

Cyan Connect

OT Supporter
Mar 3, 2005
Here is a personal example: I started High School Wrestling when I was seventeen and a half, and I never got good at it. I started MMA and did it on and off for a few years here and there when I was nineteen and a half, and I never got good at it. I started Boxing when I was in my late 20's and early 30's and I never got good at it.

Georges St. Pierre started all of his full-contact fighting sports when he was 16 and he beat most of his opponents who have been Boxing and Wrestling since they were like 6. So he defeated opponents that started training a decade or more earlier than he did, chronologically-speaking.

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey
TS
TS
Cyan Connect

Cyan Connect

OT Supporter
Mar 3, 2005
What's his record?

Eggsactly
Cliffs: Georges St. Pierre has like only two losses for someone who was pushing late teens early twenties when he started MMA. There are people with worse records who started fighting sports when they were like five or six.

Genetically and physically and muscle-memory-wise, that is near impossible. But he achieved it.

• Love
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

Hoodoo

OT Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Here is a personal example: I started High School Wrestling when I was seventeen and a half, and I never got good at it. I started MMA and did it on and off for a few years here and there when I was nineteen and a half, and I never got good at it. I started Boxing when I was in my late 20's and early 30's and I never got good at it.

Georges St. Pierre started all of his full-contact fighting sports when he was 16 and he beat most of his opponents who have been Boxing and Wrestling since they were like 6. So he defeated opponents that started training a decade or more earlier than he did, chronologically-speaking.

Dude has one hell of a work ethic thats for sure.

Reactions: Cyan Connect

skeletor25rs

Yetis & Deer
Jan 26, 2001
NBTX

When did you start making threads? Because you’re never going to be good at that either.

Last edited:

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
he is in the discussion fo sho. hard to really put a champ on anyone in this category as there have been a handful of peeps that have shown their supreme dominance over the years.

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
He’s one of the greats no doubt, I was at a ufc in jersey last year and he was coaching someone. Crowd when bonkers when he came out with the fighter

Scold

Nov 24, 2007
SJ,CA
that’s a weird metric to judge who the greatest is. I don’t really care when someone started training. All that matters is how good they are in the octagon.
khabib = goat and it’s not even close.
In the convo
Mighty mouse
Jones with an asterisk
Gsp
Silva

Reactions: hoody and haze

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
He has a weakness vs guys named Matt. Same with Jones.

They have 3 losses between them, and they were all finishes by guys named Matt.

Reactions: hoody

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman