I bought a Coleman stove a few years back for $15 on CL

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
Dude was like 100 years old. I never used it because I bought a camper right after. I’ve been waiting on a Partner stove for 6 weeks but am going camping tomorrow so decided to make sure it even works. I knew it was old but the date code is 11/1972. Pretty good condition for 48 years old! It’s been converted from gas to propane. Works but it’s reallyyyy hard to keep a low flame. Barely turn that dial and it wants to burn the whole place down.

W1OXSEX.jpg

FgilRJx.jpg

L8SU9Lq.jpg

4ho9P6r.jpg

X1AFJa9.jpg

i4v15QV.jpg

8dtzJHp.jpg

midnite

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2002
San Diego, CA
my boy scout troop had a 3 burner coleman that looked similar to that, it was a beast and was a prize for winning cooking contests

Thoreau

Normie's Bitch
OT Supporter
Jul 20, 2002
Philadelphia
I had one of those, never missed a beat! Perfect car camping stove imho. People dicking around with these tiny backpacking stoves and I whip that monster out making coffee and breakfast at the same time. :wiggle:

TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
I had one of those, never missed a beat! Perfect car camping stove imho. People dicking around with these tiny backpacking stoves and I whip that monster out making coffee and breakfast at the same time. :wiggle:

Here’s what I’m replacing it with. If it ever ships

mOZPAad.png

Reactions: Thoreau

jelloslug

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Greenville, SC
My dad had one exactly like that when I was a kid. I can never recall using it though. I think they had it when my dad was still in the military and my parents would take long road trips to see family.

Reactions: anomaly

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
seriously, the new one i got is insane the BTU it can put out.

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
I still use one of these when car camping. Kept on the original fuel** it simmers so nice. You almost need the propane version of a resistor to keep the flow lower than the knob can modulate.

** I use Coleman branded camp fuel which is like no-additive 50 octane pure gasoline.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor