FOOD I bought an ASMOKE GRILL off Indiegogo in July - never got it. WWOTD? - Update 2021: You’ve got $$

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
Sept 2021 Update: Bastards finally paid me :rofl2:

TLDR; got scammed by new grill company

Long story SORRY

Bought a cheap portable smoker for $180 in early July off Indiegogo. Thought it would be cool for camping. Said it would ship August. September comes around and it didn’t. Emailed them to cancel and they didn’t respond for awhile. Kept trying to say “oh yours is missing because you selected a popular color, but don’t worry it’ll be soon”

I don’t care - repeated desire to cancel throughout 5 emails. I move to a new place. They ship the grill anyway. My neighbor does me a solid and declines delivery so it goes back to their warehouse.

Shipping confirms this and it seems like they’re trying to dodge my emails but they finally ask for my PayPal (several times?) and say they’ll refund me. That was early November. No refund. They never respond to another email after that.

No response on phone number on website either. I file a BBB complaint. They respond and include the delivery confirmation showing it was received AT THEIR WAREHOUSE and say “see it was delivered!” as if I live at their fucking warehouse. They never respond again. There are a few other BBB complaints that are 100% identical to mine with all the PayPal stuff and everything

I email Indiegogo and give them everything and they say, “Oh it’s a donation to them when you paid. They don’t have to give you anything. We’re not involved. Good luck” (read: never buy anything off Indiegogo)

I see that Home Depot is now carrying these grills in store which is infuriating so I email their executive team with the whole story. At this point I want these scam artists to fail and it’d be awesome to at least negatively impact these fuckers. Home Depot doesn’t respond because why would they, it’s just a liability for them and it’s not like I did business with HD

I couldn’t care less about the money but knowing some shady motherfucker (I have his name / address) is still scamming people drives me nuts. I want to take them down.

All their Amazon reviews are terrible because this is obviously a poorly made product. I bought a Traeger in August and haven’t looked back since.

WWOTD

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
They shipped it, albeit late, which is par for the course for these fund upfront outfits, and you had moved. They likely shipped what you had ordered yet you told your neighbor to refuse shipment, and you'd still like to stick it to them? Did you have the means to reasonably pick up the item from your neighbor after you had moved?

Reactions: firemunki

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
They shipped it, albeit late, which is par for the course for these fund upfront outfits, and you had moved. They likely shipped what you had ordered yet you told your neighbor to refuse shipment, and you'd still like to stick it to them? Did you have the means to reasonably pick up the item from your neighbor after you had moved?
Ah shit serves me right for not reading

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
🤣
Buys low quality grill
Happy with low quality traeger

Credit card charge back that shit if you still can

Reactions: Narc
TS
TS
Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
Neighbor never took possession. I had emailed them a month prior to cancel. They just shipped it anyway because they’re fuckheads

TS
TS
Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
Buys low quality grill
Happy with low quality traeger

Credit card charge back that shit if you still can
I’m a low quality person so what do you expect lol

Pretty sure I’m way outside CC chargeback range but it is on my list of things to try. Just low because I’m confident they’ll say it’s been too long

Narc

Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Never "refuse" shipments

It isnt the 80s anymore

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Neighbor never took possession. I had emailed them a month prior to cancel. They just shipped it anyway because they’re fuckheads
The level of quality to enter into any of the Kickstarter type things is nothing. Always assume you're writing the initial money off when you buy in.
How much money we talking here?

TS
TS
Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
The level of quality to enter into any of the Kickstarter type things is nothing. Always assume you're writing the initial money off when you buy in.
How much money we talking here?
All I care about is inflicting as much pain as possible on them. The $180 is written off, I don’t care.

How legal would it be for me to register “Asmokegrillreview.com” and post the entire email exchange

Reactions: kwhitelaw

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman