I bought another house to fix up

Crazyagent

E.M.T.
OT Supporter
May 12, 2005
Washington, DC
Some of you might remember me from the previous house build thread: I bought a burned up house to live in

I recently bought another house in DC with the goal of doing a complete renovation and then holding onto it and renting it out. This is a pretty standard DC rowhouse, and there isnt any crazy backstory like with my other house. Right now I have done demo on everything that I can, with the permit that I have. I should have the permit to build in 6 weeks or so. Anyway here is where I stand now compared with the photos of when I bought it. Ill update this with any progress that I have, it will be ongoing for the next six months.

2svuIMd.jpg

JK30N3u.jpg

KzIpnqg.jpg

WfA5RFF.jpg
3oYVOgb.jpg

xCeWM7t.jpg

Continued below

TS
TS
Crazyagent

Crazyagent

E.M.T.
OT Supporter
May 12, 2005
Washington, DC
Im having issues with the direct photos posting to here, so here is the link to the imgur album:

Ill post up the existing plans and the new floor plans later

Reactions: Tarzan
TS
TS
Crazyagent

Crazyagent

E.M.T.
OT Supporter
May 12, 2005
Washington, DC
why did you take down all the dry wall and ceilings? They did not look badly damaged in the pictures
Everything is getting reframed, and the layout is going to be totally different. Load bearing walls are being replaced, beams are going up, etc. I need to have access to be able to do all of that.

Reactions: TripleFive

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I love it too, but I need to tear it out and strengthen the joists below it. They span too far for their size, and I need to level the floors. There also isnt any subfloor so I have to tear it all out. :hs:
What?! Oh that's stupid lame. I assume you can't salvage any of it?

Foo

Could I have been anyone other than me?
Oct 5, 2001
Houston
love these threads. love that you have the time/skills/contacts/money to do it, DC is a cash cow that will never die. Keep doin it boo-boo. :bigthumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan