I dated this woman for like a year and a half and never told her I wasnt the straightest man in the world

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
because we were monogamous and it just never came up and now she saw a tiktok of me talking about gay shit and is one unhappy camper because she believes people are either straight or gay (which is news to me as she is pretty progressive and smart af normally)

thank you for attending my ted talk

TS
TS
melroy

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
Or yours, IDGAF I need to see some skin!
fuck yeah skin

fuck-yeah-banner-and-jesus-riding-dinosaur-tattoo.jpg

TS
TS
melroy

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
dat biphobia yo :hsd:

You see it all the time even in nominally progressive circles. :sad2:
she was real upset over our break up and didnt talk to me for about a year and a half so Im hoping she just got freaked out and is reacting poorly in the moment. shell probably come around because she is a smart lady. Also I can understand why people dont like bi people so Im not ever really mad over it but this was just uncomfortable.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
she was real upset over our break up and didnt talk to me for about a year and a half so Im hoping she just got freaked out and is reacting poorly in the moment. shell probably come around because she is a smart lady. Also I can understand why people dont like bi people so Im not ever really mad over it but this was just uncomfortable.
outside of the stereotypes, why do you think that they do? :confused:

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
because we were monogamous and it just never came up and now she saw a tiktok of me talking about gay shit and is one unhappy camper because she believes people are either straight or gay (which is news to me as she is pretty progressive and smart af normally)

thank you for attending my ted talk
lol fuck her

Reactions: melroy
TS
TS
melroy

melroy

Apr 1, 2018
outside of the stereotypes, why do you think that they do? :confused:
Im not justifying it Im just saying I can understand why. A friend of mine explained why, emotionally not logically, he had feelings about bisexuality and it was just that he had to grow up being exposed and dealing with shit while bi people could choose to avoid that stress by dating someone heteronormative. He doesnt have a problem with bi people and he and I are good friends (though if I had to identify I just say queer because Im not sure bisexuality encompasses it plus why bother explaining) he was just explaining why he has this emotional baggage.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
I bet if you suggest a devil's threesome she'd be right over.

Reactions: melroy

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Im not justifying it Im just saying I can understand why. A friend of mine explained why, emotionally not logically, he had feelings about bisexuality and it was just that he had to grow up being exposed and dealing with shit while bi people could choose to avoid that stress by dating someone heteronormative. He doesnt have a problem with bi people and he and I are good friends (though if I had to identify I just say queer because Im not sure bisexuality encompasses it plus why bother explaining) he was just explaining why he has this emotional baggage.
owerd

Yeah, I've seen that and gotten some of that flack myself from past friends/relations. I don't agree with it, but I can see why they think that way.

Honestly though, the only way of "avoiding that stress" is to remain closeted. Cause your average homophobe doesn't see the difference between a bi person and a gay person other than to use them as an example of sexuality being a "choice", which it really really isn't. I've always seen that argument the same way that I see the whole "sexual preference" argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman