ART I don't post process, here are some pics i've taken, do they need it?

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
I don't post process because I've never really read into enough to know what I'm doing. I also think that I am capable of taking some pics that don't require it. Though, compared to some stuff I've seen, I'm sure I could use it.

Anyways, here are some pics I've taken since I've had my camera that I've really enjoyed.

Some of them are marred by stupid foreground items. They're pretty noobish overall. Anyways, general critique/insight is appreciated.

Camera is a Canon S2IS

I think if I removed the bar from this one, it'd be ok. If it weren't there all together, it'd probably be a decent pic.
IMG_1506resized.jpg

IMG_1493resized.jpg

IMG_0446resized.jpg

IMG_0457resized.jpg

IMG_0454resized_1.jpg

IMG_0585resized.jpg

IMG_0643resized.jpg

IMG_0647resized.jpg

IMG_0749resized.jpg

IMG_0879resized.jpg

IMG_0922resized.jpg

IMG_0964resized.jpg

IMG_0931resized.jpg

IMG_1047_1.jpg

Some of them sucked because I didn't realize while during mardi gras/weekend in NOLA for my sisters wedding that I was shooting in 640X480 (I was pretty fucked up at the time).

Kinda pissed about that.

Feel free to critique me.

Be gentle :hs:

Hippy

Nov 29, 2006
learn to love the crop tool. its a photographers best friend. crop simple.

LowLikeWhoaF150

oh shit mars, total recall.. Twooo weeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssssss

NJGuy

"Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm
OT Supporter
May 19, 2005
wtf, USA
KGB ate my bread said:
I don't post process because I've never really read into enough to know what I'm doing. I also think that I am capable of taking some pics that don't require it. Though, compared to some stuff I've seen, I'm sure I could use it.

Anyways, here are some pics I've taken since I've had my camera that I've really enjoyed.

Some of them are marred by stupid foreground items. They're pretty noobish overall. Anyways, general critique/insight is appreciated.

Camera is a Canon S2IS

I think if I removed the bar from this one, it'd be ok. If it weren't there all together, it'd probably be a decent pic.

IMG_0643resized.jpg

IMG_0922resized.jpg

Some of them sucked because I didn't realize while during mardi gras/weekend in NOLA for my sisters wedding that I was shooting in 640X480 (I was pretty fucked up at the time).

Kinda pissed about that.

Feel free to critique me.

Be gentle :hs:
out of all your pics I only like these two.
Not so much teh deer pc tho.

SLED

custom title
Sep 20, 2001
KGB ate my bread said:

This is your keeper out of the set, IMO. Could use a crop, little straightening, and some level adjustments and would probably be a good pic

SenenCito

OT Supporter
May 21, 2002
P FKN R
Hippy said:
learn to love the crop tool. its a photographers best friend. crop simple.

wrong, proper shooting techniques > cropping

I forced myself for a year to NOT any single picture..and to this day I rarely crop..having more space to work with is much better.

You can crop of course, just dont get used to shooting thinking about cropping.

Hippy

Nov 29, 2006
SenenCito said:
wrong, proper shooting techniques > cropping

I forced myself for a year to NOT any single picture..and to this day I rarely crop..having more space to work with is much better.

You can crop of course, just dont get used to shooting thinking about cropping.

yes because a picture only looks good if its the same shape as the film/sensor....

fatass

Nov 23, 2004
it's silly to say don't use crop ever, or use crop all the time. whatever gives you the best photos, just do that!

SenenCito

OT Supporter
May 21, 2002
P FKN R
Hippy said:
yes because a picture only looks good if its the same shape as the film/sensor....

fatass said:
it's silly to say don't use crop ever, or use crop all the time. whatever gives you the best photos, just do that!

Obviously misinterpreted..I said don't get used to shooting thinking about cropping..my example and my experience was something I did to force myself out of that mindset. Croppping is just another tool, but as everything I do, I always try to make the photo as perfect as it can be straight from the camera so my post processing is the least is can be.

Hope that wasnt too hard to understand.

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
pechango said:
all digital photos need some sort of PP. whether it be levels, color adjustments, WB or cropping, they almost all need something. Im not saying you can't get a great shot straight out of the camera but im sure there is something that could use a little assistance.

yep.... hell film undergoes some serious post processing too, before you get to even see teh film. Developer time and temperature all make for a good photo too.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor