I finally have a large package

Discussion in 'Secret Santa 2017' started by Junkie, Dec 18, 2016.

1. chornelium

chornelium found when lost OT Supporter

lol badass hack

Did that with a friend for his kid's electric Big Wheel.. mounted 2 group 24 deep cycles on the back.. wired them i paralell first, worked great and that fucker drove for hours. Charged up the batteries that night..

The next day we wired them in series :rofl:

That fucker took off and hauled ass. The kids loved it. Worked great on the wet asphalt and was super easy to spin the tires and drift since it was either 0% or 100% throttle.

Then my other friend's little dipshit kid drove and thought it'd be a good idea to take it off road. Everything was working great until he tried going uphill from a dead stop. It started moving forward, stopped then smoke and flames started coming out of the damn thing!!

Ran over there, swooped the kids, and luckiky there was a stick right there on the ground. The wire gauge was so small and it was drawing way too many amps. It got so hot the wires melted - both the positive and negative wires contacted since they were so close together causing an electrical fire. I used the stick to separate the naked wires best I could while my buddy cut the wire from the positive terminal.

Thought for a second their scorched blood would be on my hands :x: learned my lesson in proper gauging. Thank god we were there supervising.

2. KERS

KERS OT Supporter

Holy shit this is awesome :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

3. KERS

KERS OT Supporter

Hope you've gotten around to crushing some brewskis :beer:

4. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

Before it was using 16W on startup, 12W continuous (not running conveyor iirc)

Now it's using 177W on startup, 60W continuous

literally 11x the power on startup and 5x the power continuous

before there's no way it could be used for ambushes. it was a good couple seconds to spin up, and another second once you pulled the trigger. now you can probably get the first round off in half a second, and it's rapid fire, and it shoots way harder

is the battery pack I used. It's just set up with some little alligator clips on the terminals inside... not great but adequate. It's a hair too tall, I'll need to modify the top cover some so that I can screw it back on all the way. It's 12V nominal vs 9V nominal so it isn't that the voltage is way higher, it's that it can provide the current without voltage drop.

A plug and play solution would be to use "heavy duty" D cells with less internal resistance, or rechargeable D cells. They wouldn't quite have the balls of this pack but they'd be way better than stock... and less likely to let the smoke out (I wouldn't want to use the setup I have for full mag dumps, especially in hot weather, and who knows how the gears will hold up)