MIL I gave S-1 my College Transcript last weekend, how long v. MOL ??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Nov 10, 2007.

1. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I gave them my college transcript Friday the 2nd of November. How long does it take them to input my credits into the system ?? If they put this into the system, I should be eligible for promotion. I think I have to submit a request for promotion by the 20th of November to get promoted in January, I think. I'm not sure if that'll happen.

God, I've already given them my transcript previously, I hope they didn't fuck up/loose it again. :sad2:

2. TRN

TRN OT Supporter

Assuming they don't lose it again...I still doubt it will show up quickly.

Hell, just getting an award to show up takes 2-3 months.
    :hsugh:

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

I've already had someone correct me on lose/loose recently, but I still get them confused. It's kinda like having a hard time figuring out what equation goes with what answer: 8X7=? & 9X6=? I can never figure out on the top of my head which goes with 54 and which goes with 56. Hell, I can remember all other equations involving 1 through 12, but not those two.

Why God, ....WHY !?!? :wtc:

4. TRN

TRN OT Supporter

GPAC sucks

5. NPH

NPH Guest

Shouldn't take longer than a week. Are you missing MCI's or something that you're relying on off-duty education? Worst case scenario, let's say they run the shit super late.. Request a recompute on your composite score and see if you qualify for a remedial promotion. Also, if you have 3270 access or know someone who does, check there first. MOL can be slow some times. 3270 is a mirror reflection of what's on MCTFS.

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Oh :hsugh:

Let's just pretend that I don't know what 3270 or MCTFS is.

When it comes to MCI's, I'm just lazy. I've already done 2, so I have a total of 3. :o

I already have some college education - some before and some after I joined the Corps. So, I figure I might as well use their maximum potential to get a better composite score.

Oh, and I tried to recompute my comp on MOL, but for some odd reason, I keep getting this:

[​IMG]

I've used both Firefox and IE and I get the same results. I guess I need to call my SNCO and bother him about this.

7. NPH

NPH Guest

You will NOT get points for education you did BEFORE the Marine Corps, they won't even report it in the system. They will only report off-duty education (classes/courses) you completed while in the service. Second, fucking MCI's are so fucking easy and everyone has the answers. You're telling me you already have a composite score but only have a total of 3 MCI's? :ugh: Yeah, that's fucking lazy and you are only hurting yourself. Don't you have NCO/SNCO giving you counseling and looking into shit like this?

The only way they'll report the off-duty education that is prior the Marine Corps, if it's a degree (Associate, Bachelor, etc.), which only affects your Basic Individual Record where under number of years of education, it will say 14 for Associates, 16 for Bachelor, etc. Degrees don't fall under your composite score. Remember, the composite score is a measurement of how you have performed and what you have done to "better" yourself while in the service and that specific rank. Previous education is irrelevant to the Marine Corps, composite score-wise.

Last, internal 500 errors are common on MOL. It's a hit or miss sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  8. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Yeah, I'm not looking foward to having my past classes entered into the system, just the ones after boot camp. I'm a Reservist, so does your while comment refer to Active Duty or just being on 'Active' status ?? I actually want to read it not just get the answers. I'm on like page 226 of another MCI out of nearly 400 pages currently and yes, I've received a lot of counseling on this subject.

I guess I'll just go again to S-1 next drill weekend and ask them about this. :dunno:

9. NPH

NPH Guest

Active or Reserve.. shouldn't matter. What's your MOS? Are you close to picking up.. Cpl or Sgt?

10. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Yes, Cpl

11. NPH

NPH Guest

The score for NOV is 1575.. and it's going to be lower for next month. Wow.

12. EYOB

EYOB Guest

:wtf:

It's more like 1675. But then again I don't know what's average.

13. NPH

NPH Guest

:ugh: Where are you getting this information from? Go to https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page?_pageid=278,2029930&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL and type in your MOS and you can see the current and past scores for Cpl and Sgt. It's 1575 for this month (fucking low compared to admin), and next month will be even lower! Come January (the new quarter), the score will jump back up.

The first month of each quarter always has the highest score for that quarter.. then it continues to drop the next two months. Trust me, I was a training NCOIC for the IPAC here in Cherry Point.