CAR i got 40mpg out of my 97 civic hatch

skez

Large Member
OT Supporter
Dec 14, 2001
Grand Junction, CO
:bowdown: best mpg i've every gotten out of any car. mostly in town driving too.

its only my 3rd tank in this car, i bet i can do better :x:

ThenCosmeSaid

THE HR GUY
OT Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
Whitestone, NY :hs:
Thats pretty badass. I switched from my 350z using 93 to a wrangler using 87 and even though the wrangler gets 15mpg i still :bowdown: at how much i save spending 40c less a gallon :bowrofl:

I guess with the way i drove my 350z i probably got 15mpg too, though :o

IWRXIT

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
Thats pretty badass. I switched from my 350z using 93 to a wrangler using 87 and even though the wrangler gets 15mpg i still :bowdown: at how much i save spending 40c less a gallon :bowrofl:

I guess with the way i drove my 350z i probably got 15mpg too, though :o

If you were only getting 15mpg, you were doing it right...or wrong. Besides, you should use premium in everything. You get better gas mileage.

TS
TS
skez

skez

Large Member
OT Supporter
Dec 14, 2001
Grand Junction, CO
If you were only getting 15mpg, you were doing it right...or wrong. Besides, you should use premium in everything. You get better gas mileage.

Not necessarily true. I've honestly never been able to tell the difference in MPG.

Some cars were designed to run on 85 or 87, look in your manual.

IWRXIT

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
Not necessarily true. I've honestly never been able to tell the difference in MPG.

Some cars were designed to run on 85 or 87, look in your manual.

I can run regular in my Saab right now, but mpg drops down a few and I get less boost. When I run premium, the car runs at full power. I bought it with reg, then filled up with prem. and nearly shit my pants.

The Nissans never sip regular, but that's due to compression and such.

IWRXIT

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
lol old school...

Back in 1999, when I use to street race in Milpitas, I kept the first few issues of Import Tuner in the hatch of my FC3. I would pull them out and see which cars from the mags were out at the runs. I miss the good days.

TS
TS
skez

skez

Large Member
OT Supporter
Dec 14, 2001
Grand Junction, CO
I can run regular in my Saar right now, but mpg drops down a few and I get less boost. When I run premium, the car runs at full power. I bought it with reg, then filled up with prem. and nearly shit my pants.

The Nissans never sip regular, but that's due to compression and such.

I was cheap and ran regular in my 97 acura CL for a while. The MPG didnt drop but i had a check engine light for an O2 sensor. It went away as soon as i switched over to premium for a couple tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan