I am dealing with some rough shit. I have never asked anyone for advice in this kind of situation because I have always felt like I knew the best thing to do and did it everytuime. This time...I am clueless. In short, I have been dating this girl I met in class in January. We hit it off fast, fell for eachother in a matter of weeks. We spend a lot of time (possibly too much) together and get along perfectly 99% of the time. Its the other 1% that is fucking awful. Honestly, she's damn near perfect to me. She's trustworthy, smart, ambitious, fun, and very attractive. She has been faithful and loyal, very caring, and has gone out of her way to make me feel better when things have gone bad. The problem is, I made some mistakes along the way that I did not intentionally make. It had been a while since I dated anyone, and my last relationship was about as immature as they get. I wasnt too sure how to handle certain things, and in this new relationship, emotions got the best of me. I got too upset about some things that werent that big of a deal, I called her some things I didnt mean, and I constantly gave her a hard time about some things that bothered me, but didnt deserve the kind of treatment I gave. She did things along the way as well, but none that I carry with me or would even care to write about...no big deal. Now, she is so bitter about some of those things - that I have apologized for many many times and have fixed or stopped doing - and acts sour with me a large portion of the time. We stay together because I know deep down I love her, and she knows deep down we are good for eachother, but its not working to make either of us happy. I am stuck. I can't be myself and be the guy she fell for because I'm intensely worried about the relationship. She says she won't let go of those things and start over because she doesnt trust that they wont happen again. I promise her they wont, and that does no good. My question is, can this be fixed, or is it sunk. We were so in love, and now it just seems fake. We still have so much fun together and hold eachother and kiss eachother and although the sex is much more rare, its great when it happens. I know it sounds like the typical bullshit that people go through in relationships, but I honestly think this is different. Neither of us cheated, neither of us did anything outright horrible to eachother, and neither of us really want to break up completely. I am just tired of having a gf that holds so much against me that I have apologized for and have promised to fix. Long, I know, and if anyone reads this, I'll be amazed. I would like to hear some thoughts though...I am out of ideas.