ART I have big cravings to buy more shite for my little SLR hobby all the time

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
Do you experience this too? That you always want to buy new stuff? Like it's a circle of greed and never-ending satisfaction?

When I bought my XSI (my very first SLR cam) I said to myself "okay I'm new to this and I'm not a professional photographer, I really don't have any need to buy anything else to this cam. This cam and this lens (Canon 18-50 IS) fills my needs more than enough. Maybe in a year orso I'll buy a new lens".

Just about 2 months later I buy the Tamron 17-50 lens and now I've already decided to buy a tripod, and perhaps a polarized filter and I wouldn't be surprised if I buy another lens by the end of the year.

Wtf, bros :eek4:

Last edited:

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
I felt like that everyday, until I rediscovered the love for my motorcycle. Now my motorcycle is taking away my camera funds.

I'm at a phase where I need to work more on my skills/technique than buy gear as a self-esteem crutch.

vgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Kentucky
It sucks, either car audio, camera, or other crap that I don't need. It will help you build better self control and will power being able to withhold from spending money though.

Willey2cool

May 24, 2006
Edmonds, WA
i feel for you man, im thinking about buying a grip right now. I seem to switch between spending money on camera stuff, stuff for my car and computer stuff

mikeskillz

Jun 30, 2006
Do you experience this too? That you always want to buy new stuff? Like it's a circle of greed and never-ending satisfaction?

When I bought my XSI (my very first SLR cam) I said to myself "okay I'm new to this and I'm not a professional photographer, I really don't have any need to buy anything else to this cam. This cam and this lens (Canon 18-50 IS) fills my needs more than enough. Maybe in a year orso I'll buy a new lens".

Just about 2 months later I buy the Tamron 17-50 lens and now I've already decided to buy a tripod, and perhaps a polarized filter and I wouldn't be surprised if I buy another lens by the end of the year.

Wtf, bros :eek4:

yet magically, your photos don't get any better! :mamoru:

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
I put about 300 miles on my bike within these past two days and spent $35 in gas. Didn't want to risk bringing my camera though :hs:

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
Im actually selling all of my SLR stuff and buying a nice P&S and lightweight tripod. :o

I used to be a gear whore, now I am just a picture whore.

Bloke

Banned
Jun 1, 2003
Lacrosse wi
Im actually selling all of my SLR stuff and buying a nice P&S and lightweight tripod. :o

I used to be a gear whore, now I am just a picture whore.

id sell all every camera item i own but i will always own a leica mount camera, for the fact i can get no camera shake from the shutter makes it so likeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448