Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ihaveanevilplan, Jul 25, 2007.
get those white shoes pok bought
Lots of clothing here that appeals to that hip hop/hypebeast style
although i was VERY suprised to find a random street vendor with a Comme de Garcons Junya Watanabe polo at the night market. I saw the heart-eyes logo and stopped in my tracks. Asked him about it and he said he brought it back from Korea and said it was the only one he had..looked like a small (maybe a medium that ran really small)
i thought about picking it up for m1lk
already went shopping, its all yours
wouldn't fit me
but i figured you wouldnt want a CdG fake
that's Thailand, jerk
look what i found
on the Hypebeast forums of all places
are any of these of interest to any of you kids?
Official Taipei Shopping Guide So. Time for an Official Taipei Shopping Guide. Much of the information so far has been taken from older threads and is summarised in this post.
The following list has been compiled as a source of reference for anyone looking for streetwear in Taipei. It is meant to act as a starting point and will be updated as required. If anyone knows any more stores or thinks something should be corrected I will amend the first post accordingly.
Basically there are two main shopping areas for streetwear in Taipei, one in the eastern part of the city and one in the west. Names of shops - together with one or more examples of brands they carry - are listed below. I have also included a short list of notable TW brands.
- 1001 (Red Monkey) - Ximending (Eslite) and Zhongxiao
- 45RPM (R by 45RPM) - An He and Zhongxiao (Sogo)
- Allenblue (Nike SB) - several locations
- D-mop (Evisu) - several locations
- Faith (Sugar Cane) - Gongguan
- Apery (BAPE, BBC, Triumvir3, ...)
- Bamboo (Crooks & Castles, Fucking Awesome, Obey, ...)
- Base (New Era)
- Doobiest (Doobiest)
- Herr (Nike, Nike SB, Stüssy, ...)
- MTS (BAPE, Supreme, Undefeated, ...)
- Scenic (Scenic)
- Westmill: Million Boy Club (J. Money, King Stampede, LRG, ...)
- BAPE Store Taipei (BAPE)
- Co Oper (Atmos, Fingercroxx, Zoo York, ...)
- Gallaz (Diamond Supply Co., Freshjive, Zoo York, ...)
- Leftfoot (Shoes)
- Magnetic (GDC, Silly Thing, Visvim, ...)
- Mei-Shop (Head Porter)
- Phantac (Head Porter, Nike, Nike SB, ...)
- Porter International (Porter International)
- Scenic (Scenic)
- Summit (Flying Coffin, Futura Laboratories, The Hundreds, ...)
- Trinity (Stüssy, Supreme, Undefeated, ...)
- Undercover (Undercover)
- Under x Peace (BAPE, Neighborhood, Supreme, ...)
- X-Large (X-Large)
- Doobiest (available at Doobiest)
- Scenic (available at Scenic)
- Stage (available at Apery)
Shops in Ximending (west) are almost exclusively on Wuchang Street. Apery is located a little further away on the perimeter of the main shopping area (Kaifong Street).
The following map will be useful for finding most stores in Zhongxiao (east):
Note that BAPE has moved to a bigger space on Ren-Ai Road, and that the Faith location in Zhongxiao has closed down.
Lastly, there are a few outlet stores in Taipei. Many of them are in Neihu, near Costco. Nightmarkets have been left out deliberately, because of the prevalence of fakes.
go get some visvims
what from them?
m1lky, you know that's not my style
those shoes are hot, are you kidding me? i wouldve bought those instead if i could find em in my size
you want me to look for them for you?
nah, dont worry about it just enjoy your trip, but thanks
i'm on the upper limit of the shoe sizes they carry here and i'm only an 11ish
how about you goto a bar and get lucky?
and ruin my Cal Ripkin-esque no asian hookup streak??
taiwanese girls are cute, break that shit.
perhaps if i found one
but i'm with family so i dont go out as much as i would otherwise
I went to Taiwan at the beginning of this summer, it was fun. I got some jeans there. Theyre good fitting and look good and were cheap as hell. i think they were like 800 taiwan dollars or something. Yeah I saw some hypebeast shit while I was there, but it didnt appeal to me. If you're in the market for glasses, theyre really cheap there too. otherwise, just take in the sights or go party
That's what happened to me while I was there, except it rained a lot and everyone had work or school