FIT I just ate 6 hardboiled egg whites, how do you eat them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miek

Sep 11, 2005
Wpg, MB
I love hardboiled eggs. Just add salt + pepper :eek5:

[noob question]
Why is there such a stigma against egg yolks? I always hear about eating just the whites, but don't know why yolks are left out :hs:
[/noob]

(sorry, I'm just starting to lurk F&N, I'm new to dieting :rofl:)

Edit: While we're at it, is there any problems with pickled eggs? If not, go with that, those are :yum:

benny196

Jul 26, 2006
ehshlinger said:
I love hardboiled eggs. Just add salt + pepper :eek5:

[noob question]
Why is there such a stigma against egg yolks? I always hear about eating just the whites, but don't know why yolks are left out :hs:
[/noob]

(sorry, I'm just starting to lurk F&N, I'm new to dieting :rofl:)

Edit: While we're at it, is there any problems with pickled eggs? If not, go with that, those are :yum:
Something to do with cholesterol IIRC

deadbolt

Apr 18, 2004
Southern California
nothing wrong with yolks. i got my chol. checked 3 years ago, since then ive eaten 4 whole eggs everyday. 3 years of yolks. i just got it checked again 2 weeks ago. they said my levels are perfectly normal

Blue Leaves

May 15, 2004
vancouver.bc
deadbolt said:
nothing wrong with yolks. i got my chol. checked 3 years ago, since then ive eaten 4 whole eggs everyday. 3 years of yolks. i just got it checked again 2 weeks ago. they said my levels are perfectly normal

genetics :hs: dietary cholesterol doesnt influence your levels as much as mom and dad's history of high blood pressure.

TS
TS
legiønz

legiønz

Ooh, and that's a bad miss!
Oct 16, 2006
San Diego, California
deadbolt said:

If you're watching your fat intake and you need to up your protein there's no reason to eat 16 grams of fat when you can eat straight protein.

MP18

Jun 1, 2005
Killa Cali
deadbolt said:

I don't know how true it is but Scott Diedrichs from Bodybuilding.com wrote an article on eggs claiming that "it is generally accepted that dietary cholesterol does not raise blood cholesterol levels"

I personally eat my eggs in omlet form, with some ham, green pepper and tomato

deadbolt

Apr 18, 2004
Southern California
Hophead said:
If you're watching your fat intake and you need to up your protein there's no reason to eat 16 grams of fat when you can eat straight protein.
its not all satuarted fat.

everyone should eat whole eggs. if theyre watching their fat intake, they should allow the fats from eggs and forego any other fats in their diet. the yolk has tons of of vitamins and minerals and half the protein of the egg.

its one of the most nutritious foods you can eat

deadbolt

Apr 18, 2004
Southern California
MP18 said:
I don't know how true it is but Scott Diedrichs from Bodybuilding.com wrote an article on eggs claiming that "it is generally accepted that dietary cholesterol does not raise blood cholesterol levels"

I personally eat my eggs in omlet form, with some ham, green pepper and tomato
ive even read that egg chol. can raise HDL levels and lower LDL levels

Aussie

Nov 20, 2006
Yep, hardboiled eggs. As a matter of fact, Im cooking 6 now before my morning workout. 3 whole, 3 whites.

Buddyblazon

Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!
Mar 1, 2007
Denver
DCyamaha said:
:werd:

i use that low salt, salt :hsugh:

I use sea salt...only because it's the only thing we have in the house. Like it better than the other salt anyways. Not as strong as the other stuff.

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
deadbolt said:
its not all satuarted fat.

everyone should eat whole eggs. if theyre watching their fat intake, they should allow the fats from eggs and forego any other fats in their diet. the yolk has tons of of vitamins and minerals and half the protein of the egg.

its one of the most nutritious foods you can eat

Fucking word.

The fats in the yolk for the most part are actually good for you.

Why waste yolks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor