I just got a delinquent account report on my credit score...

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
...and all my payments were made on time. I’m going to call today once they open, but how big of a pain in the ass do you think this is going to be? Also I’ve been searching for a house lately and this is going to ruin that search until this is fixed, how much can I sue for 🤔

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Zach

OT Supporter
May 30, 2003
I'm not one to brag about my financial status, but everyday I get a call from my bank telling me that my account is outstanding
Wgd27aD.gif

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Lol you can still shop for homes dude. They are gonna open your asshole up for that mortgage. One account won’t seem like shit when you’re done.
getting a mortgage didn't seem nearly as bad as it did when we bought our old house 8 years ago.

the underwriter made me write a letter explaining and outlining our monthly expenses :hsugh:

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
Do you recognize the account? Someone got my wife’s info and had a credit card issued. We caught it while it was being mailed and got it canceled and froze her credit. Year later someone started using her old, abandoned Amazon account and attached a new credit card with her prior name. Had to send in docs through mail to the different bureaus to show the name change.

IG513

Formerly Anima
Oct 13, 2006
Cincinnati
dispute it with the credit bureau.

...and all my payments were made on time. I’m going to call today once they open, but how big of a pain in the ass do you think this is going to be? Also I’ve been searching for a house lately and this is going to ruin that search until this is fixed, how much can I sue for 🤔
Download Credit Karma (if you don't have it) and there should be a one-click contest button. I helped my ex with her credit using this and we were able to get several of them knocked off her report.

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
Download Credit Karma (if you don't have it) and there should be a one-click contest button. I helped my ex with her credit using this and we were able to get several of them knocked off her report.
does that work with all bureaus? i know CK will only show reports/information from equifax and transunion.

also blows my mind just how inaccurate their scores are compared to FICO8.

nTJflAW.png

my FICO8 is 753 :rofl:

LLCoolK

MDeeznuts
Jul 15, 2015
Laker town
Just happened to my wife, right before we were applying for mortgages. CAll the credit bureau directly to figure out what it is. Then call the place that put that delinquency on the account and figure it out with them. Takes a couple weeks to sort out.

IG513

Formerly Anima
Oct 13, 2006
Cincinnati
does that work with all bureaus? i know CK will only show reports/information from equifax and transunion.

nTJflAW.png

I'm not entirely sure, it's been a few years since I've done it.

I took this from the Credit Karma website:

Once you identify an error on your credit reports, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recommends that you contact the credit bureaus that produced the reports with the error. Equifax, TransUnion and Experian, the three major credit bureaus, let you dispute inaccuracies on their respective consumer credit reports online or by mail.

Give your contact information and, in writing, explain what the error is and why it’s wrong. You’ll find sample letters to dispute credit report information with the credit bureau on the CFPB website. Be sure to include supporting documentation, such as a copy of an email verifying the status of the account that’s reported incorrectly. The CFPB also recommends that you keep copies of any letters or documentation that you send, and suggests that if you send it by mail, use certified mail with a return receipt.

Where to submit a dispute to the three major credit bureaus
EquifaxTransUnionExperian
OnlineHow to disputeManage a disputeDispute online
MailEquifax
PO Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374-0256
TransUnion LLC
Consumer Dispute Center
PO Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
Experian
PO Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004

nTJflAW.png

My CK says 717 and another one from equifax says 770. I don’t know what to believe

Reactions: Twinsen

IG513

Formerly Anima
Oct 13, 2006
Cincinnati
I believe if the party in question doesn't have any information about the outstanding account / debt (which happens fairly often) , then it's automatically dropped.

TS
TS
Ray Wonder

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
They said my loan had matured, and that my remaining balance was due apparently lmao. I just paid it off now.

Nothing on the site, in email, or in any notifications even slightly hints at this though, so I have a dispute open with TransUnion to take the delinquent account off of my score.

They even said "$336.81 due on 9/13/20" even though it's actually the remaining balance of the loan due ($477.57) and not $336.81.

1604334494182.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448