SPORTS I know im going to become a Cage heretic for this but...

Titus

Jul 10, 2002
you're a fucking idiot.

okay i was just playing, i agree with you and would rather see those match ups. bj moving up in weight is just a bad all around idea.

kroneX

Jul 19, 2007
I am actually looking forward to this fight. Both are at the top of there games at the moment and it will be good to see them fight again. Alves and Kflo can wait. It is going to be interesting to see what happens if BJ beats GSP, will he fight Alves or Kflo

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
agree with everything posted.

a champion vs champion fight is meh.

What they should have is a openweight tourny to see who the best is

jag6984

Apr 24, 2004
Rio De Janeiro
Ha, I've been thinking this for awhile as well. Alves and Kenflo are much more interesting fights at this point.

If BJ does win, I imagine he will vacate the LW title, leaving Kenflo and probably Sherk to fight it out. And I see that playing out the same as last time.

dragomungus

Apr 27, 2008
I agree.

Here is why.

If they have those two fights on the same night and BJ and GSP both win - at THAT point they have BOTH cleaned out their respective divisions, with NO one in either class that poses a threat.. Right now - they each still have 1 unknown.. If they put those two fights on the same card, make the assumption that they both win - THEN this would be the fight of the millenium.. Right, it's one fight premature for both of them as they haven't cleaned house 100%..

2ofdem

Jun 17, 2003
aus.vic.mel
I dont think anyone at 155 is a threat to BJ Penn. I do however think Alves is a serious contendor at 170 but to take him seriously at 170 he needs to make weight consistently to deserve a title shot.

This is the best fight we could want and I would prefer to see this fight over any other.

whup

I wish you had children and.. so that I could step
Feb 12, 2007
WTF!

This is a superfight that I've been dying to see since Penn GSP I.

Florian v Penn and GSP v Alves will probably still happen in the future. Alves for sure. Florian maybe not because we don't know if Penn will stay at LW.

Seriously, I want to see these kinds of fights happen, otherwise in the future we'll be saying "who would have won between GSP and Penn when they were at their peaks".

I want to see the best fight the best, and 2 pound for pound best fighters in the world going at it doesn't get much better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec