I let my laptop bat die, now it won't charge

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by xci.ed6, Aug 18, 2007.

1. xci.ed6

xci.ed6 New Member

as it states, I didn't use it for a month and the battery died completely. Now it won't charge or turn on. Any idea's on how to revive it?

Basically when I plug it in, the power light comes on, but the charging light does not. When I try to turn it on, it begins to boot, then shuts down. It's been on the charger for a couple days now with no change.

Itronix IX250/XP pro

2. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

That is a good way to kill a battery. I had a brand new motorcycle last summer, only 600 miles on it and it sat in my garage all winter and the battery died, it never took a charge again and had to be replaced.

Your laptop won't even start while it is plugged in? That seems odd, I can start my laptop with no battery as long as it is plugged in. Is your wall outlet good?

3. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude with an ileostomy bag OT Supporter

my old laptop had that same problem...i was going to buy a new battery, but it was like $100, so i just sold the thing on ebay for like $500

4. xci.ed6

xci.ed6 New Member

i believe i discovered the problem. Just noticed the power supply says 15v/6a and the computer says 19v/3.16a. It worked for 6 months, but it looks like I might have to buy a new power supply. That 4v is probably why the computer won't turn on.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It certainly isn't helping.

Still, letting a battery sit dead for a long time is a great way to allow it to corrode and short-circuit itself internally.