I Lived Through A Stupid Coup. America Is Having One Now

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006

What else do you call Donald Trump refusing to leave, consolidating control of the military, and spreading lies across the media? That, my friends, is just a coup. You take the power, you take the guns, and you lie about it. American commentators say “we’re like the third world now” as if our very existence is a pejorative. Ha ha, you assholes, stop calling us that. You’re no better than us. The third world from the Sun is Earth. You live here too.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Ha ha, you assholes, stop calling us that. You’re no better than us. The third world from the Sun is Earth. You live here too.

Reactions: Wolf

brah pitt

i still owe money to the money to money i owe.
OT Supporter
May 2, 2007
bergen county, nj
O2Y7QuO.jpeg

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
yo just call a session and turn it into a Royal Rumble

im down with this

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk

What else do you call Donald Trump refusing to leave, consolidating control of the military, and spreading lies across the media? That, my friends, is just a coup. You take the power, you take the guns, and you lie about it. American commentators say “we’re like the third world now” as if our very existence is a pejorative. Ha ha, you assholes, stop calling us that. You’re no better than us. The third world from the Sun is Earth. You live here too.

Im actually a little bit worried that the electors will still vote in Trump come December.

Its all perfectly legal too.

Reactions: MrBlonde

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
Im actually a little bit worried that the electors will still vote in Trump come December.

Its all perfectly legal too.
no many states have laws against faithless electors.

and aside from wanting to have a stupid take, why would democratic electors vote for trump?

a much more likely "coup" senarios is republican states subverting the popular vote and certifying republican electors.

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk

and aside from wanting to have a stupid take, why would democratic electors vote for trump?

a much more likely "coup" senarios is republican states subverting the popular vote and certifying republican electors.
I mean whats the difference; the end result is the same.

Its actually happening right now in MI and PA, but it also appears that republicans dont have the guts to go with it (i think).

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

because the law matters to these people.

what is the punishment for being a faithless elector? a fine? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448