LOVE i need a new digital camera, HELP!! :)

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX

UPDATE ON POST 20***********

i want a new digicam really bad
ive been using this 1.3 megapixel olympus for a years now
my freakin phone has a 1.3 mp camera lol
i want something stylish, but i still want a good camera
here are somethings i want
at least 7.1 but if better then i wont be mad :)
2.5 to 3 inch back screen
i like the ones with the back screens that are nice and big
i def want to be able to take video
and i want it to take good pictures
my price range is 250 to 300ish, but if cheaper, i still wont be mad :)
any suggestions??
here are a couple i was looking at

Samsung NV3
NV3_02.jpg

Functioning as a high resolution 7.2 mega-pixel digital camera, the NV3 is both a luxurious and practical multimedia device sure to attract the next generation of digital photographers. Encased in a thin 17.5mm metal body, it also acts as an MP3 player using a special audio processing chip delivering 3D, Jazz, Rock, and other sound effects. Listen to the music via the built-in stereo speakers or included headphones. The NV3 includes a Portable Multimedia Player (PMP) to watch downloaded movies. The NV3 also doubles as a digital camcorder with MPEG-4 TVD (720x480) 20fps & VGA (640x480) 30fps, Auto Gain Control (AGC) technology minimizes zoom noise during video recording. A text viewer allows the user to read text on the LCD, or to use as an e-book, whilst the multi-tasking ability enables you to listen to music while taking pictures.
DSCW90.jpg

The DSC-W90 combines the power of 8.1 megapixel resolution and the precision of a Carl Zeiss® 3X optical zoom lens with powerful, advanced features. Face Detection makes skin tones appear more natural, D-range optimization provides greater detail in highlights and shadows and in-camera retouching and red-eye reduction quickly improves shots you’ve already taken. And the Double Anti-Blur Solution lets you snap beautiful, clear photos in low light without flash to preserve the mood. For simple sharing with family and friends, HD (high definition) output makes photos look spectacular on compatible HDTV screens. The Cyber-shot DSC-W90 is available in silver and black

Last edited:

XPX

Sep 14, 2002
TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
cool, ill look into those
i like the slim look, but i dont mind the lens coming out as long as it closes up slim
i dont care for the ones that stay out
i want to be able to carry it around to random places like concerts and stuff

XPX

Sep 14, 2002
Priest Tango said:
HP photosmart r927

i love it. huge display, goood battery life and its got a huge display. only drawback is that the preview of the pictures are blurry (horrible pic qual) as shit. but when you upload to the comp they are crisp and beautiful. and it doesnt have a manual viewfinder.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?storeName=storefronts&landing=storefronts&category=digital_cameras&orderflow=1&a1=Display+size&v1=Over+2.0%26quot%3B&product_code=L2056A%23ABA&catLevel=2

ugh HP digicams are horrible, interpolation ftl

each to their own, they should stick to what they do best and let Nikon, Canon and others take the digicam market to the next level. HP uses very cheap and shitty lenses, most of them suffer from horrible chromatic aberrations :hs:

XPX

Sep 14, 2002
camarosrool said:
cool, ill look into those
i like the slim look, but i dont mind the lens coming out as long as it closes up slim
i dont care for the ones that stay out
i want to be able to carry it around to random places like concerts and stuff

I carry my S2 IS everywhere but it is a bit big, I don't mind it but some people prefer smaller ones...

canon_s2_is_lcd_275.jpg

cnns2isc.jpg

attachment.php

julia!

Feb 2, 2007
Go with the sony. They are good for point and shoot an dthe video is good on that one too.

Priest Tango

Custom User Tits
Aug 8, 2003
LOOOOOONG ISLAAAAAAND
HPIM0268.jpg

taken with the R927.

everything set on auto, turned the flass off, and set it down on a curb and clicked the shutter. the lighting is 8000ishK HIDs. the image was autoresized by photobucket. not bad if ya ask me :dunno:

TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
i dont know what interpolation is, i just want it to take nice crisp pictures and decent video lol
i like the look of the HP, and its pretty similar looking to the cybershot, but the cybershot doesnt do movies from what i can tell :/
i like the Canon PowerShot SD800 IS
but the other ones are a little bulky for me
im going to look more at the HP and the powershot
thanks for the suggestions so far, any more are def welcome, i wont be buying this for a couple weeks, so i have time lol

jordan04

The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't
Jul 20, 2004
md
Canons have the best colour and no Sony cameras. Shitty proprietary memory.

RyRy

Jun 22, 2005
DFW
I have a Kodak that I paid like 500 bucks for a couple of years ago, 6.1megapixel thats about all I know besides it takes good pictures :rofl: Got it at Wal Mart.

TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
checking out the panasonic, and i will browse the canon website
thanks for the suggestions

and as for you

BrokebackDuramax said:
I have a Kodak that I paid like 500 bucks for a couple of years ago, 6.1megapixel thats about all I know besides it takes good pictures :rofl: Got it at Wal Mart.

i will go to walmart right now and go up to the camera desk and say
hey
i want the kodak one
kthx
:coolugh:

TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX

jj1814

Jul 11, 2004
Cincy, OH
camarosrool said:
I get my taxes back soon, $2,400 :big grin:
that will be the first thing I buy
thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it

hell, I know I'm getting tax $$ back every year, so I file by the end of the first week of Feb!!! LoL You're good!

TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
jj1814 said:
hell, I know I'm getting tax $$ back every year, so I file by the end of the first week of Feb!!! LoL You're good!
lol it takes over a month to get my stuff organized
i have a business on top of regular taxes
i should proly start in december, but eh, its a pain in the butt lol

TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
alrighty then
i finally got my camera!!!!!

Canon PowerShot SD850 IS

sd850is-01-001.jpg

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0705/07050702canonsd850is.asp

i LOVE it
havent been through it all yet playing with settings and stuff, but it is amazing
unfortunately all i can take is 14 photos at the highest setting lol
it only comes witha 32 mb card
i will probably jump up to a 2gb card so i dont ever run out of space
but yeah
it is an amazing camera
SO small
perfect for what i was looking for
thank you guys for the suggestions
btw it was 379.99 at best buy with a 12% of coupon on top of that and the reward zone points
come out to 334.39 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor