LOVE I only thought this kind of trolling was done on offtopic

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
apparently there are real life trolls too

http://www.advocate.com/exclusive_detail_ektid36462.asp

I hate being gay

This Washington State teen faces a daily battle between the sexual attraction he feels for other men and his religious convictions that tell him being gay is against God’s word.
Click the category to view more stories in this category.
By Kyle Rice
An Advocate.com exclusive posted September 15, 2006

kyle_rice.jpg

In late July the Washington State supreme court upheld a law that limits marriage to heterosexual couples. As a gay 19-year-old in Longview, Wash., my delight with that ruling is probably surprising. However, I’m not your average gay person—I'm also a Christian who views living a gay lifestyle as against God's word.
And because of my religious beliefs, I hate the fact that I am gay.
About the time I was 12 years old, it became clear to me that I was sexually attracted to guys. I assumed these feelings would go away as I got older. People choose to be gay, right? I didn’t choose this, so I figured it would pass. But it didn’t. By age 15 I had my first boyfriend.
At about that time I started to attend a Pentecostal church. I began reading the Bible, including its many different and powerful passages condemning homosexual activity. I knew in my heart that being gay was wrong in God’s eyes. I decided to devote myself to living a God-filled life and knew I needed to stop being gay so that I could stop being attracted to guys.
I looked into "ex-gay" ministries and joined such a program offered by a local church. It has taught me that with God’s help I can change my desires. A friend of mine went through another church’s program, and he's changed. He’s now happy and in love with his girlfriend. I pray the same will happen to me someday.
In the meantime I focus on fighting efforts to force the "gay agenda" on those of us who know God does not accept homosexuality. Although I do not condone discrimination, I also do not support gay marriage laws or many of the other issues backed by gay rights groups. I am a proud conservative Republican, and I support political candidates who feel the same way I do.
Many people ask me how I can be gay and also be a Republican and a Pentecostal Christian. My answer is that I am so much more than my sexuality. I don’t vote solely on pet gay issues. My faith and love of God is not guided by one small piece of who I am—a piece of me that I am trying very hard to change.
Being a gay Christian is at times very hard to deal with. Some days I feel as if I’m at war with myself. But I know God would not approve of me acting on my gay feelings, and I have no right to question his directive. I know that in the end I will be happy I lived my life according to God’s standards the best that I could.
That means refusing to accept being gay.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

wow....

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
This reminds me of an Eleanor Roosevelt quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Looks like he's grabbed onto that shame and held it tight with both hands. Too bad.

I got too much shit to do, to get bogged down in shame and self-loathing.

TS
TS
camarosrool

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
This reminds me of an Eleanor Roosevelt quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Looks like he's grabbed onto that shame and held it tight with both hands. Too bad.

I got too much shit to do, to get bogged down in shame and self-loathing.

haha thats what im sayin

embrace it and move on

Pen Is Mightier

He looks like a douche and someone grabbed him out of a bad "Saved By the Bell" episode. :ugh:

skreid

Jan 29, 2006
CT
People can change their eye color, hair color, breast size, nose shape, and gender. Why is it unacceptable to change your sexuality?

I personally don't agree with his choices/beliefs, but who am I to stop him:dunno:

TheMustafa

hook 'em
May 21, 2003
Austin, Tx
People can change their eye color, hair color, breast size, nose shape, and gender. Why is it unacceptable to change your sexuality?

I personally don't agree with his choices/beliefs, but who am I to stop him:dunno:

but you can't really change any of those.

CoCo

...is a Queer Don!!
OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2004
Maryland ; the land of Mary's...
I actually have a friend who sees himself as ex-gay. He was a third-year during my first year, and I immediately pegged him as gay. Turns out, he hadn't slept with a guy in some time and walked around campus looking at his feet. He also never watched TV. One day, I asked him about it... Turns out, he didn't "trust himself to stay true to God" if he had to look at all of the men on television and walking around shirtless around campus.

Today, he claims to be happily married to a woman. He says that he has not indulged in the homosexual aspect of his past since his first year in college. I believe that he hasn't had gay sex, but I don't believe that he is happy.

geniks

king of the hill
Oct 11, 2007
Charlotte NC
I actually have a friend who sees himself as ex-gay. He was a third-year during my first year, and I immediately pegged him as gay. Turns out, he hadn't slept with a guy in some time and walked around campus looking at his feet. He also never watched TV. One day, I asked him about it... Turns out, he didn't "trust himself to stay true to God" if he had to look at all of the men on television and walking around shirtless around campus.

Today, he claims to be happily married to a woman. He says that he has not indulged in the homosexual aspect of his past since his first year in college. I believe that he hasn't had gay sex, but I don't believe that he is happy.
100% agree, just because he refuses to have sex with men; it still won't change the fact of his sexual preference. He is still gay deep down.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan