FIT I think Controlled Labs made a mistake picking Timberwolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
This is not trolling, this is strategic marketing consultation.

Anyone realize why? Because everybody on here knows Timber, and that it took years of hard work for him to get to that point, which doesn't support the marketing idea that Controlled Labs products are some miracle got-ripped-in-4-weeks.

It's true, because when I saw the ad-banner they have up, I was thinking, damn, I should get that product, I'll get RIPPED. Then I realized it's timber :bowrofl: Not gonna happen any time soon. :hs:

strubbe

Jun 5, 2003
Dayton, OH
Right, but the vast majority of people outside of OTFN (ie, their target market) have no clue who Timber is. I'd venture to say that the majority of OTers don't know who he is aside from being some extremely jacked guy who posts here.

The perception that taking these supplements on a regular basis will lead to at least helping them reach an appearance similar to Timber still remains for the vast majority of the uneducated folks just starting (and quitting within 2 months) working out. They don't care how long it took Timber to get all sexy and lean, they want fast results, and these products (and marketing campaigns) appeal to that desire.

You fail at marketing.

/end marketing rant

Edit: oh he's a troll eh? OTFN blacklist?

TS
TS
The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
Right, but the vast majority of people outside of OTFN (ie, their target market) have no clue who Timber is. I'd venture to say that the majority of OTers don't know who he is aside from being some extremely jacked guy who posts here.

The perception that taking these supplements on a regular basis will lead to at least helping them reach an appearance similar to Timber still remains for the vast majority of the uneducated folks just starting (and quitting within 2 months) working out. They don't care how long it took Timber to get all sexy and lean, they want fast results, and these products (and marketing campaigns) appeal to that desire.

You fail at marketing.

/end marketing rant

Edit: oh he's a troll eh? OTFN blacklist?
Obviously I meant the ads they show on OT idiot

BigBlind

There is only one way to become champion; never fu
OT Supporter
May 17, 2007
Asgard
The aim of their advertisements shouldnt be at "ripped in 4 weeks" anyway, seeing as this is a more advanced population (generally speaking). I think its a lot more effective of a marketing scheme to suggest that someone who puts in the work and the effort and the care (lol fatty eats double downs like skittles) would put their product in his body.

It's like buying the cleats your favorite nfl player wears or something, you don't expect any magic powers, but you know if he uses them you can't be too badly off.

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
haha... im laughing because gimmicks get TGD. you fail at life sir.

controlled labs

Nov 25, 2009
you want us to try and "fool" you? we know you guys arent stupid. getting into shape like timber takes a lot of time and hard work. he is extremely honest, ask him which products he uses? he has been using our products for years and in his 40s he is in the best shape of his life. did controlled labs make him into what he is today? nope, but I think our products did help him achieve his best physique ever and at an age where most people are getting heavier and more out of shape :)

MaineSucks

Everglades Guy
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
You are a fucking idiot, sir. I guess all these companies made mistakes, too.

Muscletech_JC.jpg

no-xplode-ronnie-coleman-ads.jpg

mark_mcgwire.jpg

drew-brees-new-ad.jpg

animalpak4.jpg

gaspari_nutrition_marzia_prince.jpg

jamiead.jpg

ad-musclepharm.jpg

john_travolta_breitling.jpg

RealFighter_XyienceAd.JPG

Accords 4U2 NV

OT's Resident Desi
Oct 26, 2000
PantherNation
This is not trolling, this is strategic marketing consultation.

Anyone realize why? Because everybody on here knows Timber, and that it took years of hard work for him to get to that point, which doesn't support the marketing idea that Controlled Labs products are some miracle got-ripped-in-4-weeks.

It's true, because when I saw the ad-banner they have up, I was thinking, damn, I should get that product, I'll get RIPPED. Then I realized it's timber :bowrofl: Not gonna happen any time soon. :hs:

that banner is very great deceiving indeed.

Biggins

Apr 13, 2010
You mean Viceroys didn't give Mick his homerun swing?

mickey-mantle-smoking.jpg

This nigga a dentist so you know this shit is good for you.

smoking_09.jpg

Bodhi

My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g
Feb 14, 2008
bottom line is

timber is my asian jay cutler

strubbe

Jun 5, 2003
Dayton, OH
Obviously I meant the ads they show on OT idiot

:rofl: So you're making the assumption that a large percentage of OTers work out? And know enough about fitness to understand that looking like Timber doesn't happen over night just by swallowing down some white flood and egg whites?

I know you're probably trolling, but hell... Come on.

FromHeroToZero

Mar 2, 2010
The aim of their advertisements shouldnt be at "ripped in 4 weeks" anyway, seeing as this is a more advanced population (generally speaking). I think its a lot more effective of a marketing scheme to suggest that someone who puts in the work and the effort and the care (lol fatty eats double downs like skittles) would put their product in his body.

It's like buying the cleats your favorite nfl player wears or something, you don't expect any magic powers, but you know if he uses them you can't be too badly off.
:wavey: Going to ARC right now

m45

May 2, 2005
anyone who believes that mass in 4 weeks shit is dumb anyway. I dont get your point.

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
wait, wasnt timber born like that?

wait, was he even born? or did he just manifest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor