Dec 18, 2008
Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn - UFC 137 propositions

Fight won't go 3 round distance +155

I think there's a lot of money to be made here fellas

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
I wish there was a prop bet for "Fight ends in Gogoplata"... I'd put 2 bucks on it.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
and side note, i don't think that's a good bet at all. both guys have iron chins and incredible jiu jitsu. Neither guy has ever been submitted, neither guy has ever been knocked out, BJ doesnt use elbows so diaz doesnt have to worry about getting cut, and Diaz can't wrestle so Penn doesnt have to worry about getting pinned down for 5 minutes and beaten on.

this fight is going to a decision.

raxton

Dec 23, 2001
sea
and side note, i don't think that's a good bet at all. both guys have iron chins and incredible jiu jitsu. Neither guy has ever been submitted, neither guy has ever been knocked out, BJ doesnt use elbows so diaz doesnt have to worry about getting cut, and Diaz can't wrestle so Penn doesnt have to worry about getting pinned down for 5 minutes and beaten on.

HouseLing

When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy
Feb 9, 2002
SoCal

i would be happy watching a boxing match between the two, or a grappling match. both would be entertaining, if the fight devolved into that. i think BJ takes it though, either way. just has more ways to control the fight, and should never be on his back.

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
i wish there was a thread to discuss betting

Things can get a little muddled in there. No harm in starting multiple threads so the conversation can go in multiple directions.

Both guys are sluggers who go for the KO. Both guys are BJJ assassins. Both guys are finishers by instinct, and abhor going to a decision as a principle.

Diaz has shown in his last couple fights that he's willing to put himself in danger in the striking game, and he's been rocked recently. I think that if BJ connects the way a few others have, and gets him in that kind of position, he'll fucking swarm and finish.

At the same time, Nick Diaz's striking is, well, it's Nick Diaz's striking. BJ could be in for a long, painful night of body shots and rangy-keep-away. His pace is relentless and I think it's very possible we could see a late-round KO by senor Deyas.

TigreTek

omega member
OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2001
:rofl: @ diaz being the first person to KO Penn

unlikely but possible. BJ's not getting any younger (not old by any means, but still) and i think nick's standup is underrated.

then again, i can see BJ crushing in his fucking skull.... let's see. :o

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
unlikely but possible. BJ's not getting any younger (not old by any means, but still) and i think nick's standup is underrated.

dude hasnt actually knocked somebody out in over 6 years. and i dont recall the last time i even saw BJ get dropped.

HouseLing

When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy
Feb 9, 2002
SoCal

that would be ideal :x:

Khaaz

May 27, 2007
Bay Area
Both guys are sluggers who go for the KO.

Wha? Dude, no that's a terrible bet.

Neither guy throws strikes with much KO power. BJ likes to just slip punches and then throw a stiff jab. Diaz likes to wear people down by peppering them with shots.

I think Diaz wins this fight via decision (or maybe corner stoppage between rounds) but i think it'll still be a real entertaining fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor