SRS I thought she liked me? =/

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vay, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Vay

Vay New Member

I thought she liked me?

Well here is my story.... I go into subway a lot since the food is not as bad as say other fast food restaurants. Well after a while I noticed that the owner of the subway is really young almost young as me (I am 20 years old she is 22).

Well I would go to subway maybe 2 sometimes 4 times a week, and she would smile at me every time I go in (she would not smile like that with anyone else). So I decided to do something crazy (not like me.

So I get a rose and a letter I wrote that said "A beautiful rose for a beautiful subway owner", and I gave it to a worker because she was busy in the back. Two days later I come in and she said it was sweet.

So I keep going in and all, and as about a week passes I decided I will give her two roses and a letter stating "When you smile the whole room lights up". I gave it to her self since she was up in front this time.

Next day I go in and she was working on some papers so I sat down and started to work on papers as well. She comes over to me, and sat down and asked what my name was and I told her it was Jon. She said her name was Jessica (which I already knew). We talked for a few minutes and she said how she liked the roses.

The same day I called subway to ask one of the workers if I could get her cell phone number and they gave me it. I called her no one answers. So I called today and I said "I hope you do not mind me getting your cell phone number from one of the workers from subway." She was like well they are not suppose to give it out to people, but it is ok."

Then I ask her if she is busy tonight, and she said yes. Though she said "Yes I have to run to the bank and a few stores, and some other stuff tonight."

Then she started to get a bit quite after she said that. So I said ok and she said sorry. Then I said I will talk to her later, and she said okay bye.

So now I figure she does not like me at all, and that I put my foot in my mouth so hard that it broke all my teeth. I am going in tomorrow any ways because I go in on Tuesdays to get a sub.

Does she like me or not? I guess some one like her would never go out with me...

2. Jaccordan

Jaccordan Guest

dude, stop, CHill. Relax.

Everything is fine.

Continue as you normally would.

Now the ball is in her court.

Its up to her to make the next move.

Dont put yourself out there anymore.

3. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

And stop with the roses. You made your intentions clear... anything more will make you seem like "that creepy guy who brings flowers all the time". If she reciprocates and shows bona fide interest in you (read: agrees to go out) then you can do cutesie little things like that some more. Otherwise, chill on the flowers and the calls.

4. Vay

Vay New Member

Yeah you are right I wont put my self out there no more. Just this is driving me crazy not knowing what will happen =/.

5. Vay

Vay New Member

Yeah you are right about that.

6. Vay

Vay New Member

I am just going not go there for a couple days let it all cool down. Then go in like I usally do to get a sub.

7. MorningWood

MorningWood Go ahead, Touch it

You need to calm down, your actions are almost that of a fucking stalker.

8. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Fucking :werd:.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

She may have been a bit creeped out by you getting her phone number. Why didn't you ask her for it yourself? And it's a bad idea to ask someone out over the phone when you see them often. Instead of seeing a sincere smile from you she may have pictured you :wackit: while talking to her

10. Vay

Vay New Member

Well you see I was going to, but she left before I could. Also yes I do agree which is why I will be saying sorry to her for getting her number without her permission, and I am throwing it away. I know I screwed up, and I am sorry... Just this is the first girl (do not ask why) that I really liked for who knows what reason. It is not like the normal people you date this is a person who seem real cool.

Basically I will go in like I always do (give her a day of me not coming in), and say can I talk to you for a second over there (do the side door), and say.. I am sorry that I got your cell phone number, and I have thrown it away. Please forgive me for getting it.

Or how should I word it?

11. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

Dude, don't say anything to her at all. And give it a week at least before you go there next. When you do go, just play it off very nonchalantly and don't even mention anything about the phone number or the roses or anything else. Keep the conversation casual and only if she initiates it.

Do this at least for the next few times you go in, and see what signals -- CLEAR signals -- that she puts out for you. Be realistic about it too. Don't get a boner if she asks you if you want oil and vinegrette dressing on your sub.

Right now you may easily be in "Creepy Guy" territory and you've got to defuse the situation by appearing 200% normal when you see her next. The way to do that is just pretend like she isn't even attactive to you and that none of this has been a big deal at all.

If you go in there and apologize, you're just drawing attention back to the fact that you blew it the last time.

12. Vay

Vay New Member

That is the thing I am a normal person not a creepy guy =/. So I should not say sorry to her at all? Though I do agree give it some time before I go in I think I can survive without a Cold Cut Trio sub for a bit. I have been dating since I was in 5th grade (I remember because it is when I moved into the bigger school), and I never acted this way towards any other girls like this. I feel stupid, and like a jack ass to be honest.

13. Kyoushu

Kyoushu きょうしゅ

I havent read other advice but I think you should of stopped at one rose. Then tried to arrange something else. Getting the cell phone number was wrong I think. I dont think she'd want some guy finding out her cell from one of her co-workers. Also don't make such dramatic moves. Like throwing away her number. Just appologize and ask her if its ok that you call her sometime. If you say you'd like to talk to her, thats fine, try to establish in words that you're interested in taking her to dinner or something. Getting to know her better.

14. Vay

Vay New Member

Yes I do agree I think it was wrong of me to get the cell phone number. Why on earth do I act like a moron? Please someone hit me now.... :ugh:

15. Ubisquo

Ubisquo New Member

There's an autistic girl at my college who does this, and it creeps me the HELL out. I don't want to be removed from my 'safe zone' to have a private chat with someone i don't know. Don't do it in the middle of rush hour, but don't make her move away from what she might consider her safe zone.

In general, don't do it. Follow the 200% normal advice. I'm worried though, that you like this person so much while knowing so little.. are you sure you're not just building a mental picture of everything you want her to be?

16. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would just continue your tactics, if you pursuede the dam wil break thru :), unless she says she doesn't want to, i would continue your attempts. You just need to go for the kill, and stop grinding your mind all the time. Just ask her out, go.

17. Vay

Vay New Member

Nope not building a mental picture of everything I would want her to be... I would just like to get to know her better that is all. Err wouldn't the whole room area where you can see the who thing by turning around be a safe zone? I guess being behind that would be considered a safe zone.

18. Vay

Vay New Member

I do not think that would be a good idea to keep going at it like that. Also I did see if she was busy tonight, and she said yes. Though I do think I should give her some type of an apology? I mean so she knows I am sorry at lease?

19. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your the hunter you need to keep on hunting until you catch your pray.

20. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I wouldn't apologize. That would let her know that you knew you did something wrong. Play it off like you didn't think it was a big deal. You can say something like "I hope my call the other night didn't startle you or anything." If she reacts negatively then you should look surprised and apologize.

21. Justin

Justin Guest

some girls are just nice. just because she smiles at you doesn't mean she wants to go out with you.

22. Vay

Vay New Member

That is true vwjustin. You could be right about her....

23. Plasma

Plasma New Member

Shouldnt have asked her coworker for her number.

24. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

Well I know if a guy did that to me I would think he is a little bit infatuated with me. I mean the roses were cute, but the number thing? I know you like her, but you realy do not know her enough to go that extreme. I think you are more physically attracted to her, then mentally. If not, then you should just go about your normal routine. If you usually see her on Tuesdays, and she runs to the back when you come in, then that is basically saying she is not intrested or she just thinks you are weird. Let her make the next move, you do not want too seem desperate, and you realy do not want to seem like the stalker type. If you stop going in, then she will know that you think this is a problem, and she might seem a little tense when you start coming back around. If you continue your regular routine then it will look normal as always, and you are not just going in too see her. If you stop then she will know that is your only reason why you eat there. IF she likes you, she will let you know. You can't get attached to someone elses puppy, she might even already have a boyfriend. Before moving in for the kill, you might want to scope out your target.

25. Vay

Vay New Member

Yeah I am kicking my self over the number thing. See I am planning to still go in, because I love the subs :). So that will not change...