GUN I wanna deploy or go active

The Militant

THE FUTURE
Dec 25, 2004
I know what the majority of the replies will be, I don't really know what it's like, I'm like every other kid. I honestly don't know why; the benefits for school, experience, getting it over with while im young and don't have much holding me back, and the money?. I'm in my first year of college as a 21b in the army reserves. I'll be at UCONN next year but I'm the type that likes to do something new all the time. I'm sure I can return back to school next year but I'm gonna regret not going overseas or at least trying. I'm not sure what all my choices are but these are what seemed obvious to me.

1) volunteer with the reserves and be a combat engineer doing combat support?
2) volunteer with the guard (if it's possible) and a 50/50 on doing combat support
3) do a short term active contract?

I'm not sure where to go for help or options, my unit sucks and some of the NG guys dorming here are dickheads telling me to look at my future or find someone that is RA or AR to help me. I had a master sergeant tell me to leave because id never train for or do my job and if I stayed in that unit for more than a year I'd wither away and die. I wanna do my job when I get deployed and I wanna do it sooner rather than later. Any helpful and positive advice?

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
if you become a combat engineer you will go to Iraq and do route clearance. Yea, you don't want to do that.

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
yea and the stuff we look at and talk on the phone about gets blown the hell

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor