GUN I want a handgun

Gimik

Sep 16, 2003
Feenicks, Az
Glock 17?
Ruger P Series?
SA XD 9mm?

edit: this is assuming you'd also use it as some type of defensive weapon eventually.

Small Block LSX

BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW
Jul 15, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Wow, we are overwhelmed with the information. Is this for plinking, personal protection, killing zombies, etc? Have you ever shot different calibers to know what you are comfortable with?

As far as a first gun I always recommend Glocks. They are cheap, easy to maintain, and well... everyone needs a Glock in their collection. You can usually pick them up brand new for $499-$549. Do you want a full size, compact, sub compact, is it a carry gun? We need to know this sort of information to point you in the right direction.

TS
TS

elixir4001

Sep 25, 2006
JohnnyZ28 said:
Wow, we are overwhelmed with the information. Is this for plinking, personal protection, killing zombies, etc? Have you ever shot different calibers to know what you are comfortable with?

As far as a first gun I always recommend Glocks. They are cheap, easy to maintain, and well... everyone needs a Glock in their collection. You can usually pick them up brand new for $499-$549. Do you want a full size, compact, sub compact, is it a carry gun? We need to know this sort of information to point you in the right direction.
my mistake, um im thinkin right now it would be just for mainly practice and possibly personal protection. Ive only shot a 9mm, and i think that is all i would need right now?:ugh: either compact or full size, not sub. and i am trying sub $250 if possible

Small Block LSX

BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW
Jul 15, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
elixir4001 said:
my mistake, um im thinkin right now it would be just for mainly practice and possibly personal protection. Ive only shot a 9mm, and i think that is all i would need right now?:ugh: either compact or full size, not sub. and i am trying sub $250 if possible

I can't think of any gun around $250 to be honest. I don't buy used guns as I don't know the history, but that may be your only bet. The used Glocks I have seen typically sell for ~$100 under MSRP and who knows how many rounds have been put through them.

I'd say get a Glock 17 9mm. That was my first gun and I loved it. Kinda bulky compared to what I shoot now, but they are pretty cool. My advice would be to save some extra money and buy a decent gun, for $250 you are going to get a paperweight that looks like shit. :o

mvizos

Nov 12, 2003
NoVA
sub 250 :eek3:

hi-point

/thread

edit: initial e beat me to it. but, I honestly have no issues with my hi-point carbine. they're ugly, they're heavy. but they are inexpensive.

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
I don't have any problem buying a used gun. It's a piece of machinery. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. And if the malfunction is due to an easily- and inexpensively-replaced part, then no problem.

That's just MY opinion though. YMMV. I got my Colt 1911 for $405 used. And I probably have another $350 of Wilson Combat parts in it, but that's just bling. It was fine how it was. :hs:

vettefan52

you sound EXACTLY like my stupid nignog coworker

her: i want a gun
me: great, what are you going to use it for?
her: oh well carry it in the car once i get a permit
me: :ugh: you dont need a permit to keep it in your car... how much do you want to spend
her: like 200 bucks
me : :ugh:
her: i want a beretta
me: did you get that from the r kelly trapped in the closet video or something?

fucking idiots think that you can spend 200 bucks and trust your life to it. is your life worth only 200 bucks? cheap fuck, pony up the extra dough and buy something reliable.

Aequitas

If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.
Oct 3, 2005
Florida
vettefan52 said:
you sound EXACTLY like my stupid nignog coworker

her: i want a gun
me: great, what are you going to use it for?
her: oh well carry it in the car once i get a permit
me: :ugh: you dont need a permit to keep it in your car... how much do you want to spend
her: like 200 bucks
me : :ugh:
her: i want a beretta
me: did you get that from the r kelly trapped in the closet video or something?

fucking idiots think that you can spend 200 bucks and trust your life to it. is your life worth only 200 bucks? cheap fuck, pony up the extra dough and buy something reliable.

I was flipping through the channels the other day and came across that musiv video on BET. They actually blurred out the gun. I was :ugh2:, then quickly changed the channel.

Keesh

Oct 26, 2003
If $250 is your limit, go check the Equipment Exchange on ARFCOM. I've seen a few used Rugers for around that price.

Slick26

Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew
Jul 28, 2006
Mini Soda
What do you need a handgun for? Are you planning on shooting up a mall or something? :hsugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor