ART Ice Racing

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
Ventured into the hills today to watch some ice racing. It was surprisingly warm for sitting on solid ice for a couple hours.

6688e43f.jpg

c69a4959.jpg

2739286e.jpg

a71312e0.jpg

9aefe417.jpg

2e9364ce.jpg

EWhytsell

Jun 16, 2008
That looks interesting though here we call it driving to work and there's more women in SUV's.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
I'll have to find some of my old ice racing pictures. Nothing artistic or good in a photography sense, but racing was a blast.

Wobistdu

i love the pics but i feel the vibrance or saturation is way too loud

the reds are especially insane

TS
TS
Cesium

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
That looks interesting though here we call it driving to work and there's more women in SUV's.

Yea CO has those days too.

I'll have to find some of my old ice racing pictures. Nothing artistic or good in a photography sense, but racing was a blast.

Do it. Racing shots in general are pretty hard to get artistic with. I had more at different angles and framing, etc. At one point I was laying on the ice trying to get a bunch of foreground in. The other photogs there were :ugh2: at me. Unfortunately my panning technique has become shit and I didn't have very many keepers this time. Even the shots posted above aren't up to my usual standards. I did promise myself that I'd post more sets of whatever I shoot on OTAP, even if I'm not too thrilled about them. So here they are.

i love the pics but i feel the vibrance or saturation is way too loud

the reds are especially insane

Canon colors bro. Gotta make those red rings stand out!

JK I know what you mean. They don't look TOO vibrant on my monitor, but I did push the saturation a bit (probably too much) because they were looking pretty drab otherwise. Not much color in the rocky mountains in the middle of winter.

Thanks for the input.

Nice pics, looks fun!

:bigthumb:

nice. like #3. :cool:

:bigthumb:

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
I like 5 and 6. They give the impression of going really fast with the wheels spinning and all the powdered ice being kicked back :cool:

TS
TS
Cesium

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
I like 5 and 6. They give the impression of going really fast with the wheels spinning and all the powdered ice being kicked back :cool:

Thanks.

It was pretty hard to get good panning shots of these guys. I don't think they ever went over 30mph, so I had to use really slow shutter speeds. I'm used to shooting cars traveling much faster. It was good practice though.

Here's another.

069a3c4b.jpg

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks.

It was pretty hard to get good panning shots of these guys. I don't think they ever went over 30mph, so I had to use really slow shutter speeds. I'm used to shooting cars traveling much faster. It was good practice though.

They had to be doing better than that. When I went, I did video riding shotgun in an 88 Mustang with studded tires and nitrous. We were hitting 50mph on the back straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan