If you could do it over again, what career would you choose?

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
i'm having a mid life crisis and trying to figure out what to do. im curious what careers people would choose if they could start over at the start.

Reactions: Colleen

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
if I couldn't be the son of a billionaire I'll take soccer player in Premier League or La Liga. millions of dollars and international pussy available to you.

Reactions: horus

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
i'm having a mid life crisis and trying to figure out what to do. im curious what careers people would choose if they could start over at the start.
At age 34 I left a 12 year career in the mortgage business for Heavy Civil Construction, namely underground wet utilities. Just wish I had done it years earlier.

TS
TS
Legend Zero

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
At age 34 I left a 12 year career in the mortgage business for Heavy Civil Construction, namely underground wet utilities. Just wish I had done it years earlier.

what were you doing in the mortgage business? what do you think makes you like working in heavy civil construction so much more?

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
what were you doing in the mortgage business? what do you think makes you like working in heavy civil construction so much more?
I started as a loan officer and was a regional director by the time I quit the industry.
The work I do now has a tangible result and serves a function of society. It’s constant problem solving, I’m outside most of the time, I like the people I work with and I get to fight the earth in great big machines when I want.
I had to take a pretty significant pay cut at first but I’m making about what I was making again.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman