GAME IGN Stock Exchange

henroid

dayum
Mar 15, 2005
LA
My buddy working there tipped me off to this. We've been playing it at my office kinda hardcore the past few weeks. Basically you have virtual currency you spend in the IGN Stock Exchange, where games have stock values that go or down based on their popularity on the website.

Buy low sell high bitches: http://www.ign.com/sx

It's in Alpha right now so it will keep improving but it's already kinda interesting to talk to your friends about what your picks were and see how we're all making out. I had invested heavily in some PC game called Kingdoms of Amalur that was a top mover so I decided to get in on it. It peaked quickly and tanked so I was down a lot but I got saved by my Bastion for Xbox 360 stock. Now I'm more or less right where I started :o

Anyway, you'll need an IGN account to play but it's fun if we can get a lot of GP people playing. Might provide the discussion we need when no games are coming out :o

TS
TS
henroid

henroid

dayum
Mar 15, 2005
LA
high risk high return :dance:

although today I said fuck it and dumped all my money into the RE4 HD remake on 360 and PS3 :eek4:

Chaotix

Aug 19, 2004
On the Grid
Alright I signed up and invested in some games. I invested a good amount into the HDRE4 for xbox 360. Only ~13 a share, and Im thinking it should pick up in a couple of weeks.

TS
TS
henroid

henroid

dayum
Mar 15, 2005
LA
My all in tactic seems to be paying off. RE4HD is up 8 points but that made me $6000 :rofl: now I have to decide if I wanna hang onto it or sell it now to get that money and use it elsewhere

Chaotix

Aug 19, 2004
On the Grid
My all in tactic seems to be paying off. RE4HD is up 8 points but that made me $6000 :rofl: now I have to decide if I wanna hang onto it or sell it now to get that money and use it elsewhere

I would hang onto it. Maybe after 15 points I would start looking to sell it.

P&L: 677.70
Net Worth: 10,677.70

ME3(PC), RE4HD(360), The Witcher 2 PC are the main pushers for me right now.

JesterFX

Oct 10, 2004
Invested some into Portal 2(360) I hope that shit dont tank.

Why for 360? PS3 buyers get free copy of PC version as well. That extra hype should help boost sales and with it coming out in ~3 weeks it is a good buy :o:hsd:

Chaotix

Aug 19, 2004
On the Grid
Why for 360? PS3 buyers get free copy of PC version as well. That extra hype should help boost sales and with it coming out in ~3 weeks it is a good buy :o:hsd:

I believe in the 360 fanbase.

Also I didnt see the PS3 version on top sellers so thats another reason I didnt buy shares of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor