IIT post your most annoying customer habits/stories

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
#1 for me. Office hours are not a suggestion. If you show up 20 minutes before we open just patiently wait until the open sign turns on and we unlock the office. Pounding on the door, ringing the doorbell, circling the building looking for an unlocked door or pressing your face to the windows is just annoying as fuck when the open sign isn't on and the office hours are clearly posted on the door you walked up to.

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Not so much as annoying but disgusting. I worked at Linens N Things in South Florida in HS, I was there for about a year working in the warehouse, one day we got done early so I was going to leave, store manager asked me to stay and help out, I needed the money so I did. 30 minutes into helping the floor people he asked me if I could check out an "issue" in the woman's bathroom. I go in there and someone had to have done a full parallel squat on top of the toilet and just sprayed shit all over the wall. I mean there was so much shit, it looked like a Jackson Pollack painting. I walked out, told the manager that I'm not cleaning that. He said I had to, I told him to clean it himself and quit on the spot.

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
I've heard that fetishists are a slight majority of fake pee customers maybe they were hinting at their thing to see how you'd react
most places that sell fake pee can't sell it for drug testing purposes, so they have to say that it's for pee play and have a sex toy section :o it's why headshops started popping up with all the really shitty/basic sex toys about five or six years ago, because they started cracking down on it. very much like i couldn't sell someone a pipe if they said they were going to use it for weed, i couldn't sell detox to people if they said anything about passing a test :o

Rucktardo Montalbán

autism speaks
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2004
compass card is spinning
most places that sell fake pee can't sell it for drug testing purposes, so they have to say that it's for pee play and have a sex toy section :o it's why headshops started popping up with all the really shitty/basic sex toys about five or six years ago, because they started cracking down on it. very much like i couldn't sell someone a pipe if they said they were going to use it for weed, i couldn't sell detox to people if they said anything about passing a test :o
You're right about how it's sold legally. But two friends of mine that owned really nice bong stores said that if you talk to them, you'll find most of the customers actually are sipping on the product. It's FL though, so who knows lol. Grateful Jay and Lazy Dave, just to name drop.

calteg

Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec
OT Supporter
Man, I got the fuck out of retail ASAP. My very first job was at CompUSA and some geriatric fuck had a full on meltdown in the software section b/c I refused to open a box and show him that the cd was in there. He thought we were trying to scam him by selling empty boxes I guess? Once I realized he was an idiot I pointed to the discount bin and told him to rummage through there.

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
You're right about how it's sold legally. But two friends of mine that owned really nice bong stores said that if you talk to them, you'll find most of the customers actually are sipping on the product. It's FL though, so who knows lol. Grateful Jay and Lazy Dave, just to name drop.
i'll take it under advisement. my boss used to make those jokes, but he was never serious about it

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
After working in retail a short bit during college, I don't know how people deal with the general public on a daily basis. This is 100% true.

Everyone should be required to work a retail or hospitality job for six months. There would be a sea change in how people treat each other.

Source: stints in retail, front & back of the house

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
when I sold cars I had a guy drive 5 hours one way to buy his wife a new suv for Xmas. He forgot to mention he had double bankruptcies and no bank would touch him without massive money down and an equally massive interest rate. He roid raged at us as if we didn’t want to sell him a car and gave us a bad review while blowing up my phone every day for 3 weeks to see if he could change our minds, like it was xxxx Chevrolet making the call and not a bank. He just couldn’t wrap his head around it

Another time a dude came in to trade I an rx350 on a CTS, we did the deal and ran the documents on his trade in. Turns out it wasn’t his, he had no explanation and split asap. A week later the cops came in for security footage as it was stolen.

A lady did something similar and tried to trade in a vehicle she was test driving, even had a D plate on it but swore it was hers. It was from a sister dealership and the cops came to get her from my office.

Sold a 65k 2013 raptor and with neg equity and interest the loan was worth $140k lmao

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
The only retail experience I have was when I worked for Leslie's pool supplies in HS and early college and the most annoying thing I'd hear is people bitching about how expensive chemicals/parts were but didn't take care of their shit.

It's like, hey dude, if you just kept up with your basic chems the pool wouldn't have turned into a algae fest.

My favorite was when people would bring in their automatic pool cleaners in cause they needed repairs. They would always complain how they didn't last a year before needing new stuff. When I'd ask how often they use it they say it stays in the pool 24/7. Uhhh yeah, what do you expect? It's plastic and rubber. Maybe don't be lazy and it won't need to be repaired as much. Fucking morons.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
"we're gona keep doing it the way we've always done it". 2 months later. "how come my efficiency hasn't improved?"
We're going through a systems transition right now. Decision was 100% a business decision and IT has no say. Well, it has been nothing but a pain in the ass for IT to make work. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: whatever

H.E. Pennypacker

What is bet?
OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2003
Denver
i worked retail in college like 15 years ago, and i heard the same stupid comment then as i do now when a barcode doesn't scan

"WELP, GUESS IT'S FREE!"

KPLS6WR.jpeg

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Man, I got the fuck out of retail ASAP. My very first job was at CompUSA and some geriatric fuck had a full on meltdown in the software section b/c I refused to open a box and show him that the cd was in there. He thought we were trying to scam him by selling empty boxes I guess? Once I realized he was an idiot I pointed to the discount bin and told him to rummage through there.
Why does getting old seem to automatically make people stupid as hell, especially about computers or any kind of tech?

There are old people who would still act like that guy even today despite computers being widespread for roughly 30 years now.

Reactions: jelloslug

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy