IIT post your most annoying customer habits/stories

GonadWarrior

May 11, 2001
Oh boy... nothing worse than a demanding pt who needs to be seen today for pain in a tooth that he's been told is rotten for 2 years, but it has to be after 5pm, and he doesn't want any treatment done that costs more than what his insurance "coupon" covers.

Pssh, fuck off and be someone else's problem, 9/10 times.

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
i worked retail in college like 15 years ago, and i heard the same stupid comment then as i do now when a barcode doesn't scan

"WELP, GUESS IT'S FREE!"

KPLS6WR.jpeg
That kid has always reminded me of Elon Musk. Looks just like him.

luvmylegend

IDK, WTF
Oct 24, 2001
Somewhere near Charlotte
When I had my automotive shop. Customer brings in vehicle for repairs. I tell them it'll be a few hours and they leave. 4.6 minutes later, they call and ask what time it'll be done. I let them know an approximate time and get off the phone.

An hour later, they call and ask if everything is going ok and if the time I said before is ok. I tell them yes and get off the phone.

An hour later, they call and ask if it's just about ready.

Like, mother fucker. If I didn't have to answer 3 dumbass phone calls, it probably could have been done.

The people dropping off major projects were just as bad. Every other day, is it ready? Is it ready yet?

NO BITCH, if it was ready I would have called you.

Call them to tell them it's ready. "Ok, we'll be there next week to pick it up" 🖕

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
When I had my automotive shop. Customer brings in vehicle for repairs. I tell them it'll be a few hours and they leave. 4.6 minutes later, they call and ask what time it'll be done. I let them know an approximate time and get off the phone.

An hour later, they call and ask if everything is going ok and if the time I said before is ok. I tell them yes and get off the phone.

An hour later, they call and ask if it's just about ready.

Like, mother fucker. If I didn't have to answer 3 dumbass phone calls, it probably could have been done.

The people dropping off major projects were just as bad. Every other day, is it ready? Is it ready yet?

NO BITCH, if it was ready I would have called you.

Call them to tell them it's ready. "Ok, we'll be there next week to pick it up" 🖕
"You're xyz is falling apart and needs tp be replaced."

"Ok but, like, how much time till it breaks? Can i drive home?"

"Yes, its driveable, but it could happen today or it could happen in a month. It's broken and needs to be replaced before it fails and causes more damage"

"Oh OK so it's not urgent I'll have to think about it"

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
In the library, we had to call the police on a regular - if infrequent basis.

I was the 'mean cop'. If kids were fucking up, I'd tell them they had to leave, and try it again tomorrow.
I threw out one girl for screaming and being disruptive.
When her mother came to pick her up, she was of course in FRONT of the library, not in it.

She came in ready to brawl. Who would have done such a thing to her sweet child? Who?
The girl told her mother that it was really the people sitting at the next table, not her. She was innocent.

1. Give me your name. I'm going to have your job.
2. I'm friends with the mayor.
3. What city are we in?

Whenever a parent came in, we went behind closed doors, not knowing if the situation was going to go bad or what.
Every now and then, a mother would hear the story, we'd get all tense, and the mother would turn to the child and
say "I think you owe these people an apology. Here's my phone number. If she does something like this again, I'll come
immediately and take her home. She won't get to come anymore. She can study in an empty house!"

When this happened, if restored our faith in people. Gave us hope.
It happened about 40% of the time.

H.E. Pennypacker

What is bet?
OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2003
Denver
Man, I got the fuck out of retail ASAP. My very first job was at CompUSA and some geriatric fuck had a full on meltdown in the software section b/c I refused to open a box and show him that the cd was in there. He thought we were trying to scam him by selling empty boxes I guess? Once I realized he was an idiot I pointed to the discount bin and told him to rummage through there.
yoooo - CompUSA is the retail job i had in college :eek3:

working black friday in 2005-2006 was the main motivation i had for finishing my degree. i remember watching people getting trampled over a shitty $199 panasonic LCD and thinking "there's no way i'm willing to deal with this bullshit when i'm fucking 34 years old."

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
We're going through a systems transition right now. Decision was 100% a business decision and IT has no say. Well, it has been nothing but a pain in the ass for IT to make work. :rofl:
I have the reverse situation

Our IT director is making the decisions and has no clue how our site operates. He’s been here numerous times and still doesn’t know his way around the place even just basic locations

Reactions: I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I have the reverse situation

Our IT director is making the decisions and has no clue how our site operates. He’s been here numerous times and still doesn’t know his way around the place even just basic locations
It's funny cause everyone on our team (front office) has industry experience with what we do (staffing) so everything was always set up with the day to day in mind. These people mean well but they want to do so much shit that our IT department either isnt willing to support or it opens us up to various audits. And it's so funny how us vs them it is.

Its ridiculous tbh

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
let me preface this with the fact that we didn't have to wear shoes, and i'm a dirty hippie, so i was almost always barefoot at work.

we had this lady who would sell crochet/knit stuff on consignment, and one of her "specialties" were these crocheted sandals. there was this dude that used to come in and get them regularly, to the point where he sent a full page, (poorly) handwritten letter to the store extolling the virtues of the sandals.

he came in to get some, and i was helping him. out of the blue, he bent down and pet my toes, saying how pretty my toes were.

i just froze. i didn't know what to do. my manager took over and let me run away to the back room.

benji

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
#1 for me. Office hours are not a suggestion. If you show up 20 minutes before we open just patiently wait until the open sign turns on and we unlock the office. Pounding on the door, ringing the doorbell, circling the building looking for an unlocked door or pressing your face to the windows is just annoying as fuck when the open sign isn't on and the office hours are clearly posted on the door you walked up to.

doesn't it depend on who it is though bruv?

benji

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
In the library, we had to call the police on a regular - if infrequent basis.

I was the 'mean cop'. If kids were fucking up, I'd tell them they had to leave, and try it again tomorrow.
I threw out one girl for screaming and being disruptive.
When her mother came to pick her up, she was of course in FRONT of the library, not in it.

She came in ready to brawl. Who would have done such a thing to her sweet child? Who?
The girl told her mother that it was really the people sitting at the next table, not her. She was innocent.

1. Give me your name. I'm going to have your job.
2. I'm friends with the mayor.
3. What city are we in?

Whenever a parent came in, we went behind closed doors, not knowing if the situation was going to go bad or what.
Every now and then, a mother would hear the story, we'd get all tense, and the mother would turn to the child and
say "I think you owe these people an apology. Here's my phone number. If she does something like this again, I'll come
immediately and take her home. She won't get to come anymore. She can study in an empty house!"

When this happened, if restored our faith in people. Gave us hope.
It happened about 40% of the time.

• Cool
Reactions: sully42

calteg

Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec
OT Supporter
yoooo - CompUSA is the retail job i had in college :eek3:

working black friday in 2005-2006 was the main motivation i had for finishing my degree. i remember watching people getting trampled over a shitty $199 panasonic LCD and thinking "there's no way i'm willing to deal with this bullshit when i'm fucking 34 years old."

Yup. That job was fucking wild. Small group of kids from my church came through right as I was about to quit and stole a whole ton of shit.
Also had a guy that was in hardware sales that had a silver tongue. Dude would load these boomers up with all kinds of shit they didn't need and make bank.
Found out later he was a sex pest and he was banging nearly every young customer that walked in. In hindsight, kinda gross, kinda impressive considering he was 45, fat and balding. But the dude could talk

Reactions: Scottwax

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
I worked for a company that specialized in digitizing customers paper files, and in addition to normal office paper we also had oversize scanners to scan maps and drawings.
I get this call from this guy who was irate. He accused us of sending him corrupted files, and this was a disaster because his remote team had to use these digitized drawings immediately. I got him to explain what he was seeing but it just didn't make any sense at all. So I said ok, close all of your programs. "OK", now go to My Computer "OK", now go to the CD drive "OK". Now can you see the jpgs (or tiffs)? "yes".
Now double click on one of them.

silence.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE A GENIUS!!"

It turns out the only software that he KNEW his remote team in Dubai had was word perfect so he was trying to view the drawings with WP...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6