IIT post your most annoying customer habits/stories

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
NorCal
Clients who say they can’t find an email from me. How fucking hard is it to sort by name or search my (uncommon) last name? I exchange emails a couple of times a year with most clients.

TS
TS
Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
When I had my automotive shop. Customer brings in vehicle for repairs. I tell them it'll be a few hours and they leave. 4.6 minutes later, they call and ask what time it'll be done. I let them know an approximate time and get off the phone.

An hour later, they call and ask if everything is going ok and if the time I said before is ok. I tell them yes and get off the phone.

An hour later, they call and ask if it's just about ready.

Like, mother fucker. If I didn't have to answer 3 dumbass phone calls, it probably could have been done.

The people dropping off major projects were just as bad. Every other day, is it ready? Is it ready yet?

NO BITCH, if it was ready I would have called you.

Call them to tell them it's ready. "Ok, we'll be there next week to pick it up" 🖕

OMG I fucking HATE that. When we schedule people in we tell them exactly when they need to arrive, what our store hours are and how long the vehicle will likely need to be at the shop. Upon vehicle drop off and inspection we AGAIN tell people the vehicle will need to be at the shop usually until 4:30, we close at 5pm and IF the vehicle is ready earlier they will be notified automatically once the work is marked as complete in our system by text message and ask if they are receiving the automated texts from us. Then they leave and within 2 hours call and ask if they should be heading back yet to pick up the vehicle. Bitch, I just told you 2 hours ago your vehicle is going to be here for 8+ hours. Have you received the fucking text? Has anyone called to tell you it's done early? Then it's not fucking ready!!

TS
TS
Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
doesn't it depend on who it is though bruv?

If someone makes a special request and it's worth it we will make special accommodations for people. The problem with that is why bother having office hours if you are going to open at all hours of the day/weekends because everyone in the world is super important and can't possibly work their very busy lives around normal working hours? Almost every person I have ever had get salty about store hours ended up managing to make it work the we refused to open early or stay late. People are just lazy and self important

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
If someone makes a special request and it's worth it we will make special accommodations for people. The problem with that is why bother having office hours if you are going to open at all hours of the day/weekends because everyone in the world is super important and can't possibly work their very busy lives around normal working hours? Almost every person I have ever had get salty about store hours ended up managing to make it work the we refused to open early or stay late. People are just lazy and self important
If they were being extra obnoxious, we would stand at the counter drinking coffee and just stare at them until opening time. :mamoru:

TS
TS
Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
If they were being extra obnoxious, we would stand at the counter drinking coffee and just stare at them until opening time. :mamoru:
If I'm not busy doing anything I'll go and start checking people in early but there's usually a reason I'm at work early so I can get everything set up for the day, eat something etc...

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I don't have customers but because I manage multiple applications that 10k users have we'll go with some of the support tickets I get.

There's one name that I dread seeing above all because for some weird goddamn reason if someone is going to find a bug, exploit, error, security loophole, or compliance violation it's this one woman.

Every time we do a big app rollout, update, or patch I just wait for her to call and let me know what weird shit she's managed to pull this time or what's happened to her that's ending her world.

The last time SOMEHOW a small update to a "pre-job brief" app that SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN TOUCHED HER COMPLIANCE SETTINGS managed to fubar her phone and cause a full device wipe.

Still no fucking clue how that happened, but I can see from the logs that after the update she started throwing compliance violations for no goddamn reason that she can say.

So unless she intentionally fucked up her phone and jailbroke it immediately after the update I don't know why on earth only she, out of 10k users, saw this happen or why it always happens only to her. :mad:

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
For retail: Too many things to count.
For IT: I could do without people chewing into the phone or heavy breathing. They also will shout at their coworkers while fully on the phone with me - so they’re effectively shouting at me too.

The amount of stupid is universal.

Reactions: bubbaZR2

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I work retail 60+ hours a week.

Fortunetly I have moved from the frontlines to the battlefield command center.

I still interact with customers face to face way more than I care to admit.

I fucking hate it. And it's absolutely soul sucking. The only thing that makes it worth it is the goddamn money.

I am a shell of my former self.

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Most annoying customer?

All of them, cause buyers are liars.

But the most?

People who go car shopping without their trade. And I'm not talking about people who use it as an excuse to get away from sharky salesmen. I'm not talking about the ones that don't have their trade cause it's with their spouse who's at work. I'm not talking about the ones who are hiding the damage. I'm talking about the ones that literally do a deal start to finish and sign paperwork with my handwriting on it that says "UNPAID CASH BALANCE $25400 PENDING TRADE INSPECTION. CUSTOMER MAY OWE DIFFERENCE" because they were too fucking braindead to bring their fucking trade.

KGB ate my bread

nͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤnͫiͤcͫeͤ
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
any who want to fucking shadow me the entire time I'm working on their property, especially if they're having a boundary dispute with a neighbor or so.

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
🇺🇸
When I was first starting out with old school AT&T (back when we payed for long distance and nobody had cellphones) we had a major outage from some backhoe guy that dug up the main fiber cable between Dallas and Houston. Hundreds of thousands of data circuits went down in a second, and we were deluged with calls demanding we fix the problem.

So as the rookie in the central office test center, I got the job of answering calls, placing them on hold for the next technician, and repeating that for my entire shift. So one call I answer I say the same thing I'd been saying for the last 6 hours: "Thank you for calling AT&T, please hold" and unlike the 11ty calls previous to this one, the customer says "I CAN'T HOLD I NEED A TECHNICIAN RIGHT NOW". So I said the first thing that came to mind: "I'm sorry, please hold." and went on to the next call like a boss. :wiggle:

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
let me preface this with the fact that we didn't have to wear shoes, and i'm a dirty hippie, so i was almost always barefoot at work.

we had this lady who would sell crochet/knit stuff on consignment, and one of her "specialties" were these crocheted sandals. there was this dude that used to come in and get them regularly, to the point where he sent a full page, (poorly) handwritten letter to the store extolling the virtues of the sandals.

he came in to get some, and i was helping him. out of the blue, he bent down and pet my toes, saying how pretty my toes were.

i just froze. i didn't know what to do. my manager took over and let me run away to the back room.
Pics aren’t loading

@Mercedes

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6