IIT post your most annoying customer habits/stories

NULL_bits

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2021
This is a really old one, but it was my first real exposure to seeing how much adults suck and how childish they really are. I used to kinda respect adults when I was young (I know, weird), but this killed all of that.

The McBeanie Baby Craze, I was molded by it.

My first job was working at McDonald’s, I was there during the Beanie Baby craze and it was absolutely fucking MAD!

Good god, the amount of waste for a stupid fucking toy. It became store policy (at least at the store I worked at) that people couldn’t buy just the toy, they had to buy a Happy Meal, and unfortunately there were no limits at first (eventually we limited it).

These dumb-ass bitches would buy 10-20 happy meals, which you have to make, and then pull out the toys and chuck all that shit on the floor. The trash cans were always fully loaded because we had people lining out the door and the instant you took the trash out, another gaggle of dumbfucks would throw a bunch of completely uneaten Happy Meals away, so then lots of people just said “fuck it” and would toss it straight on the floor. The place was a constant dumpster.

People would absolutely lose their shit if we didn’t have whatever retarded Beanie Baby in stock, or if it had just run out. If we had a popular one and it ran out then the whole place would turn into a madhouse.

It was just the scale of it all. It blew my prepubescent mind.

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
literally having a email conversation right now with the Director of one of our departments

wanting to be SPOON FED information, again

this bitch makes twice what I make at least

yup, i know the type. it frustrates me because 90% of the people that make double my salary either request the dumbest things or have to have things explained to them 10 times. if my boss had to explain something to me 10 times, i would tell him that i'm not the right guy for the job.

there is a difference between not knowing something and googling for a solution and trying to work it out vs someone that sits there, listens to you explain it like they are 5 and still have no clue what the end goal is. we've been working a project for 6 months, you are the bridge between us and management and you don't fully understand the scope? how the hell did you become a director?

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
When one specific customer creates names for tooling that we provide, and that name can't be right...You call them out on it, making sure you understand what they're requesting, and they blow up in your face, saying no-one in 30 some years have ever questioned what he was asking for.

Good times. #packaging
Packaging?

Need some tamper evident tape? Hmu I got chu.

• Love
Reactions: JointBeaker

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
this drives me insane, there is a reason i'm asking you the question. but i learned my lesson. now when this happens and they only answer one question, i drop the other two questions (usually items that need attention) off of my list. when it comes time to update those items/work on those items, i just say 'i never got a response from x' and move on.
that's pretty clever, i'm going to use that :cool:

JointBeaker

packaging engineer #2
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
here.
We're doing stuff with paper too. Neat, but a nightmare to run.
OMG you're the competition. LOL.

Are you making tooling, or machinery, printing on card stock, or all of the above?

Paper blister tooling, is interesting....depending on what kind of machine it's running on. Definitely not cheaper than sealing plastic to SBS...

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
OMG you're the competition. LOL.

Are you making tooling, or machinery, printing on card stock, or all of the above?

Paper blister tooling, is interesting....depending on what kind of machine it's running on. Definitely not cheaper than sealing plastic to SBS...
Tamper evident tapes and labels. Stuff you see on cash deposit bags and stuff. But we do packing tape and die-cut labels as well.

Mariner

Nov 11, 2000
PNW
I assume that they put him in a negative pressure room when they realized he had TB...? And/or moved you to a private room with neutropenic precautions...? 😬
No. Not at all. And this was before younhad to wear masks in the hospital. But, I should say he HAD had TB. As in he wasn't sick, but had the potential to transmit it. Apparently it's really common in prisons.

JointBeaker

packaging engineer #2
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
here.
Tamper evident tapes and labels. Stuff you see on cash deposit bags and stuff. But we do packing tape and die-cut labels as well.

Ok...interesting. We're getting into doing stuff like this right now. paper blister sealing to paper card, supposed to be 100% recyclable. The machine here is a Starview, but I don't work for them.

• Cool
Reactions: cbpage

Rucktardo Montalbán

autism speaks
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2004
compass card is spinning
I used to get calls from used car dealers wanting to know what my dealer discount was. I'd tell them I don't give a dealer discount. They would follow up with "well, what if its a lot of cars" and I'd reply I'd be turning down full priced business and I'd lose money. "You must not get much dealer business then." Bitch I don't want any dealer business. Fuck doing shitty auction cars that are beat to shit for low prices.
I did that with a partner for awhile. We managed a spray-your-own car wash for free and offered quick waxes and detailing. Mostly for two buy here pay here lots right around the corner that paid $60 - $80 a car, based on interior condition or whatever. For those we used garbage clear wax wiped on/off immediately, etc and cars usually took 30-45 minutes with two people. At the time it was the most I'd ever made per hour legally but it is hard work.

Reactions: Scottwax

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
let me preface this with the fact that we didn't have to wear shoes, and i'm a dirty hippie, so i was almost always barefoot at work.

we had this lady who would sell crochet/knit stuff on consignment, and one of her "specialties" were these crocheted sandals. there was this dude that used to come in and get them regularly, to the point where he sent a full page, (poorly) handwritten letter to the store extolling the virtues of the sandals.

he came in to get some, and i was helping him. out of the blue, he bent down and pet my toes, saying how pretty my toes were.

i just froze. i didn't know what to do. my manager took over and let me run away to the back room.
pics of toes?

asking for @Narc

• Barf
Reactions: Jinx and Narc

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
it amazes me that those type of people are in those high up roles.

this is a large indicator that management really has no clue what is going on.

i've always said that the IT director needs to be tech savvy. they don't need to be a developer/programmer/networking engineer or any type of expert, but they need to understand technology to the point where they can understand what the IT department is working on and how they are going to get that done and know how to relay that to management that don't know the difference between a computer and the monitor.
Oh our VPs are clueless. They promote people from different backgrounds and even then they don’t actually go spend any time inside the operation to even just get a basic understanding of how things work. They rather just send a million emails or setup a million meetings only to get answers

TS
TS
Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
this reminds me of those screenshots i see with people that have 1000 unread emails. i saw my friends phone and he had 35 unread texts. :rofl: that shit would drive me nuts.

even if they DID receive a text stating their car was ready for pickup, they probably didn't read it. that's the type of person they are.

There's a cell phone repair place that has a phone system message ranting about this here. "Thank you for calling.....if you are calling to ask if your device is ready for pick up and have not received a call/text/e-mail from us - HANG UP - IT'S NOT READY"....

TS
TS
Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
I used to get calls from used car dealers wanting to know what my dealer discount was. I'd tell them I don't give a dealer discount. They would follow up with "well, what if its a lot of cars" and I'd reply I'd be turning down full priced business and I'd lose money. "You must not get much dealer business then." Bitch I don't want any dealer business. Fuck doing shitty auction cars that are beat to shit for low prices.

Used to do a ton of work with car dealers on used cars. The mental gymnastics these mental midgets used to perform was incredible...."Come on I need you to help me out on this one because we're really skinny on this deal"......So you already pay me absolute dogshit - we might be making $10-$20 a car and you want me to do a job at a massive loss? "You'll make it up on the volume".........so we lose $100-$200 on this absolute dog of a job and then I get to do another 10-20 cars and at the end I "might" break even.........then watch the guy stare blankly back at me because they can't perform basic math. So glad I got out of that bullshit.

Reactions: Scottwax

tokyonights

Believe in me, who believes in you
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2003
Chicago
let me preface this with the fact that we didn't have to wear shoes, and i'm a dirty hippie, so i was almost always barefoot at work.

we had this lady who would sell crochet/knit stuff on consignment, and one of her "specialties" were these crocheted sandals. there was this dude that used to come in and get them regularly, to the point where he sent a full page, (poorly) handwritten letter to the store extolling the virtues of the sandals.

he came in to get some, and i was helping him. out of the blue, he bent down and pet my toes, saying how pretty my toes were.

i just froze. i didn't know what to do. my manager took over and let me run away to the back room.
You're lucky @peakhead didn't just start sucking on them

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy