GUN Illinois send another governor to jail

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
It happened sooner than I thought but all of us in IL have reason to celebrate today!

U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said today that federal authorities arrested Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich today because the governor went on "a political corruption crime spree" that needed to be stopped.

Fitzgerald said secret tape recordings showed Blagojevich was attempting "to sell the U.S. Senate seat" that President-elect Barack Obama recently vacated. The governor has the sole power to pick Obama's replacement under the state constitution.

At least until the next election when the tards in chicago elect another slime ball.

Sir Vic Smasher

Sept. Reactions đź‘‘
May 6, 2005
Stage Deli
The governor, accused of seeking cash for the political appointment of Obama's Senate replacement, is not a close associate of the President-elect. Indeed, in the affidavit, Blagojevich called Obama a "motherfucker" for wanting him to appoint an official that the governor either did not like or wouldn't receive money from. Local news reports, meanwhile, suggest that it was Obama chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel who blew the whistle on the governor.

Rahm blew the whistle, lol.

Deleted member 50048

this is the gun lobby's chance to pounce and put a pro gun governor in that seat and go for that bill again

D-FENS

Nov 13, 2002
Sadly he'll probably only get probation and a fine. IMO when a politician is found guilty of corruption they should have a public hanging.

vwpilot

Jan 9, 2005
Please let it be tied to Obama :x:

Seriously. You know, as bad as it sounds and with not knowing what it would actually do to this country, I almost hope that Obama turns out to be some kind of terrorist/criminal/slimeball. I simply do not trust the guy and would love to see it come out that he came out of nowhere, pulled the wool over all the liberal media's eyes and turns out to be nothing more than a criminal and terrorist.

God I'd love to see that.

Navvik

Aug 21, 2006
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Seriously. You know, as bad as it sounds and with not knowing what it would actually do to this country, I almost hope that Obama turns out to be some kind of terrorist/criminal/slimeball. I simply do not trust the guy and would love to see it come out that he came out of nowhere, pulled the wool over all the liberal media's eyes and turns out to be nothing more than a criminal and terrorist.

I'd love to see him secretly be a white guy.:eek3:

TS
TS

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/09/illinois-lady-prominent-fbi-affidavit-charging-governor/

On a Nov. 10 call, both Rod and Patricia Blagojevich -- in a two-hour phone call with Harris and other advisers -- allegedly discussed what they could obtain in exchange for appointing certain candidates to Obama's seat. The first lady allegedly suggested that she is qualified to sit on corporate boards. The governor discussed on a phone call later in the day whether Obama could get his wife a job on a corporate board immediately, according to the document.

Boy chicago, you can really pick them.

crazynova

Jan 14, 2005
A galaxy far, far away

I would rather him surprise us by actually being a good president instead.

TS
TS

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
In case some people don't appreciate the idiocy we have to deal with in illinois I bring you the following comment from under a news story.

innocent until proven guilty?

or is it only illegal if you're caught?!

Im sure there are more politicians who do the same things, but are just better at it!

give me a break. he's done A LOT of good things and should be forgiven. He is no different than most politicians when it comes to "favors" expected but at least he has PRICIPLED stands on what really matters - workers, the common man, helping the citizens of his state. He without sin cast the first stone . . .

This stinks of conspiracy. While I am sure there is reason to review his actions, it is strangely similar to S Palin's recent questionable activities with an eerie parallel to the ethics review but except with more testosterone. One has to wonder if this 'hair-club-walking-advertisement' is a fall guy for some sort of republican retribution? Y'know, that sort of 'gotcha reporting' that Palin was so quick to underscore. It feels like there is an effort by a recently denied political party to pour toxic paint on Obama's former playground, to contaminate and posture for 2012. This clearly is an agenda rooted in bitterness and jealousy.
A governor is recorded talking about selling a US senate seate to the highest bidder and they shout "republican conspiracy."

The world is doomed.

GPK

Groovy
Apr 18, 2007
ATX
In case some people don't appreciate the idiocy we have to deal with in illinois I bring you the following comment from under a news story.

A governor is recorded talking about selling a US senate seate to the highest bidder and they shout "republican conspiracy."

The world is doomed.

WTF is wrong with people. :ugh:

T0nyGTSt

Dec 29, 2004
lol

there will always be people like that

this goes beyond party lines - democrat or republican is irrelevant

what happened is a capital crime

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec