I'm creating a Massive Synology Surveillance Station setup.

-Rico-

Aug 25, 2004
Tejas
I'm eventually going to have hundreds of cameras on this thing from remote offices. :noes:

Capture.png

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Real question cuz I’m curious are you like the world’s only trucker/farmhand/IT guru? Cuz it’s three topics that don’t crossover much but you seem to know a lot about them all

beats me. my day job is software. I play farmer 2 weeks outta the year on the family farm. I own a semi truck for personal use cause why not.

TS
TS
-Rico-

-Rico-

Aug 25, 2004
Tejas
what synology unit you planning on running with hundreds of IP cam's? :hsugh:
They are mostly remote offices all over Texas.

The NVR 1218 is a 12 CAM NVR which is sufficient for each store.

They are all centrally connected to our Corp office. Which let's us create and assign offices to users as they move around. We have 40+ users that need camera access.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
They are mostly remote offices all over Texas.

The NVR 1218 is a 12 CAM NVR which is sufficient for each store.

They are all centrally connected to our Corp office. Which let's us create and assign offices to users as they move around. We have 40+ users that need camera access.

oh so you got the units all over and are just managing centrally. you're not pulling footage back to one spot. way better.

Reactions: Chuck Finley

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
See that’s what I mean. God damn I nailed that
Nah man I figured that’s what made the other two so confusing

whatever/blog;

Yea the mechanical stuff is more of a hobby at best. I dont making a living turning a wrench or planting a crop.

the electrical stuff is from getting annoyed at data center builds going nuts on cost.
the plumbing stuff is from my grandfather being a plumber.
the home stuff is from my own remodels and helping friends/family out with it.
drone/film stuff is hobby.
the software/tech stuff is the day gig like i said. :dunno: I like to think I know a little about a lot and only really specialize in software stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor