SRS I'm going to let my mother down so bad

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by puppeteer107, Apr 26, 2006.

1. puppeteer107

puppeteer107 Be mine, sister salvation

And it's killing me. I am going to join the Army after school and she asked me if it was my pretty poor grades that made me want to do it. She's known about it for a while but last semester I was put on academic probation and asked me if that's why I was going to do it. Fast foward to now and I am going to be put on academic suspension because I was a complete shithead and did not understand how the grading worked and changed the grading on the two classes to pass/fail that would save me and keep me in school at the beginning of the semester. I think my mom is going to be devastated, first the service then this. I don't want her to think me hating college is why I'm joining because it's not. I hate myself so much for getting myself into this situation. I know it's not the end of the world and it isn't a huge problem compared to other people but it still sucks.

It's all my fault but I just wanted to bitch about it. I haven't been able to smile when I'm alone for like a month now :wtc:

2. Kokomo

Kokomo OT Supporter

that sucks man. I wish you the best of luck man

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Look, your mother loves you for who you are , not for your grades. You need to bring order into the chaos of your life. Basically you need a broom to clean up the mess, give yourself a new chance and start over again. Yes school sucks, but it was never intended to put you in any kind of disadvantage, its just a measurement of how much you get paid in the future, there are more non harmfull pathways in life towards fortune, at any rate you will survive without a diploma. So its not the end of the world. Its what you make of it.

4. Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty New Member

I'm wondering why your choosing the Army. Maybe giving your mom the real reason for joining will help her understand and feel better about it. If she's worried about the danger part of it, maybe on of the other services would be better for the both of you.

Also, while your in the military you'll learn more about yourself and grow a lot. You can then decide to finish your education or not.

5. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

You have certainly learned from your mistakes. (Many people haven't.) Tell your mom that you're going to do your time in the military and then you will go to college, make this a major objective. Please join the Air Force and not the Army.

http://www.airforce.com/

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Yeah man dont do the Army, go AirForce. And we all fuck up, shit happens just gotta learn from your mistakes and move on.

7. Clix

Clix New Member

Hey man I know how you feel.

I went to college of my choice last semester and I completly fucked myself. I took college as a blowoff becuase I was finally out of my mothers house and I could do what I want. I completely reverted back to a child. I stayed up late, I played games all day, I alienated my friends and especially my g/f. I completely screwed up and last winter I seriously thought about the army. My best friend joined as soon as he graduated. In the end though now im getting stuff back together.

My uncle gave me the advise that noone like college, everyone likes the idea of being there (cept the nerds hehe). Point being is that depending on what you do you have to look at it as i have to go thought this to get to something better. Thats how I look at it now and I am in alot better shape. I still dont like college to much but I have the motivation that I dont want to work at McDonalds for the rest of my life.

8. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

I'm a smart guy... though after earning my associates, I felt that I could work on college later. I want to experience as much as possible right now. not do ultimately fruitless work (history major, i did that to learn, not make $$) and drink all the time.

I go to the army in august.

*If you want to make your mom and yourself proud. join the marines.

*If you want to serve your country and get compensated decently. join the army.

*If you want to join the airforce... keep in mind that my friend in there went to iraq and had to shoot a suicide bomber running at him after his convoy got attacked with rpg's. dont think they dont get deployed. other than that... they call it the chairforce. boooring

* just don't join the navy.

usmilitary.about.com
    read all of this, then make an informed decision...
    the military is just for a certain kind of person. these people telling you to join the af don't know what they are talking about.

9. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I say joining the military is a big mistake.
    If you have bad grades, why don't you buckle down and make the grades you need to make yourself happy.

And if you do decide to join the military then go with the suggestions of those other ot'ers - the Airforce. They don't do anything anyway.

10. big 1

big 1 New Member

I disagree with everyone. I thinkm you should give college another shot. It seems to me that you arent a stupid guy- you just dont understand the grading system. I feel that if you went away to college (and lived in residence) you could give your self-esteem a boost. this way youll be away from your nagging mom(she cant monitor your grades if your miles away) and you can always join the army in 2 or 3 years, if youre really serious about it.