SPORTS I'm less than 10 minutes...

AK-47

Banned
May 4, 2006
:bowdown: man i wish i lived in a mma hub town so i could get quality training like that. FUcking lucky

TS
TS
Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
man i wish i lived in a mma hub town so i could get quality training like that. FUcking lucky

I'm not really wanting to pay $200 a month though. I'm thinking it will be pretty expensive.

I just googled it, it's less than 10 miles door to door. :bowdown:

TS
TS
Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
200$ mo is pretty expensive but who'll be teaching the classe?

I don't know? That's what I was wondering. I'm just assuming it will be pretty high, I actually have no idea. They did charge $79 to come to the opening if you weren't a member.

I guess I could just call and ask huh?

TS
TS
Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
If you're at all serious - it would be worth it.

I figured. Just called and the girl told me all the instructors have at least 7 years exp and/or are BB's. She was talking really fast and it was loud at work so all I got was Eddie Ricardo for BJJ, Goldwith for MT but she's sending me an email with a full list and prices. I'll update here when I get it.

She did say that they have classes ranging from 6am to 8pm 7 days a week.:bowdown:

Gogoplata

Do it. Cut costs elsewhere if necessary. You'll spend less $ anyways since you'll be training more often.

SaviouR

Dallas - Choke City :(
Jan 30, 2006
Grand Prairie, Texas
It's a 30 minute drive for me to any of the gyms from my area so +1 for another gym to check out. That area is booming and 5 minutes away from lower Greenville a.k.a. where all the bars are in Dallas. :rofl:

Have you checked out Machado's studio?

Hillary

fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill
Dec 12, 2007
Arkansaw
Not Nog's new gym...his affiliate. Don't pay for his name. But he always has class act people working with him...plus seminar visits would be cool.

I don't care much for the Machado school in Dallas. Or Machados in general.

Alan Mohler has really good BJJ there, not so sure about his student base though. Mostly rolled with him.

Travis Lutter's gym is pretty good, small and most classes are taught by a group of purple belts, but it's a really great atmosphere.

SaviouR

Dallas - Choke City :(
Jan 30, 2006
Grand Prairie, Texas
Not Nog's new gym...his affiliate. Don't pay for his name. But he always has class act people working with him...plus seminar visits would be cool.

Alan Mohler has really good BJJ there, not so sure about his student base though. Mostly rolled with him.

Travis Lutter's gym is pretty good, small and most classes are taught by a group of purple belts, but it's a really great atmosphere.

Lutter's place is attractive since an accquaintance of mine, Tony Tipton, teaches there and IIRC all of his purple instructors are now brown. Just a little curious on the pricing since they won't discuss it unless you're there. :hsugh:

What's with the apathy towards Machado? Just about every instructor in DFW save for Buddy Clinton got their black belt from Carlos Machado.

TS
TS
Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas

Yeah it's Ocatagon MMA/Team Nog Dallas. The receptionist said they would hardly be there. She also said a few Machado guys will be there. I'm still waiting on an email with all the instructors/schedule/prices. Lutter's place is farther than I want to drive. I've never been to Machado's, I'm more interested in MT and boxing. I don't want to go to an all JJ place.

I know Guy Mezger's first coach pretty well and he can probably get me in his new gym for a good price. I'm gonna go check some places out this weekend and see.

Hillary

Dec 12, 2007
Arkansaw
Lutter's place is attractive since an accquaintance of mine, Tony Tipton, teaches there and IIRC all of his purple instructors are now brown. Just a little curious on the pricing since they won't discuss it unless you're there. :hsugh:

What's with the apathy towards Machado? Just about every instructor in DFW save for Buddy Clinton got their black belt from Carlos Machado.

Tony's the shit. I went to his orange gym (don't know how else to describe it, hahah). That was dumb, I knew he was brown. So Albert got his?

The machado's are talented, no doubt. Great, great technique. I just don't care for the atmosphere in their gym/around most of them. Carlos is the nicest though.

tkluu

Dec 27, 2004
Dallas, TX
i checked it out on sunday, was a nice place

not enough heavy bags though, and i don't knwo anything about grappling, but they seem to give a lot of personalized attention to everyone

debating switching from my MT gym to there

tkluu

Dec 27, 2004
Dallas, TX
I don't know? That's what I was wondering. I'm just assuming it will be pretty high, I actually have no idea. They did charge $79 to come to the opening if you weren't a member.

I guess I could just call and ask huh?
on sunday it was some black belt from the miami location

Hillary

Dec 12, 2007
Arkansaw
on sunday it was some black belt from the miami location

Haha Daniel Valverde...nah, not just some black belt. He's amazing, was Nog's TUF grappling coach. My coach said he's the best guy no one's heard of.

tkluu

Dec 27, 2004
Dallas, TX
Yeah it's Ocatagon MMA/Team Nog Dallas. The receptionist said they would hardly be there. She also said a few Machado guys will be there. I'm still waiting on an email with all the instructors/schedule/prices. Lutter's place is farther than I want to drive. I've never been to Machado's, I'm more interested in MT and boxing. I don't want to go to an all JJ place.

I know Guy Mezger's first coach pretty well and he can probably get me in his new gym for a good price. I'm gonna go check some places out this weekend and see.
whats the MT and boxing schedule there, i might check out the stand up classes to make a decision

TS
TS
Rojo Johnson

Rojo Johnson

Dec 27, 2004
Texas
whats the MT and boxing schedule there, i might check out the stand up classes to make a decision

I don't know yet. I'm still watining on an email. What gym are you at now? I thought about Siam Star in Plano but there schedule didn't work with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor