TECH I'm looking for silicone covers for my PSUs unused Molex plugs.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Anybody know where I can find these things? I'm concerned that my new build might be intermittently shorting an unused plug against the chassis, because I've had a couple of spontaneous shutdowns that happened when I bumped the case. (yes, the motherboard is properly grounded.)

Doc Brown

Don't make me make you my hobby
Mar 31, 2006
Ohio
Why get fancy? I mean it's inside the case, right?
You could just cut off a section from a balloon and wrap it around the end
and use a rubber band to secure it.

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
5970004194291gp.jpg

P07r0457

Sep 20, 2004
Southern Oregon
7960 said:
or rip one out of a spare pc and take the wires out, then plug it in to the one that seems to be causing the problem.
unless you're ripping apart a cdrom or something, that won't work... PSU molex are Male, and you need a female. You'd have to use a molex from a device for that to work... but, yes, it would work.

Oct 17, 2004
New England
jollyogre said:
unless you're ripping apart a cdrom or something, that won't work... PSU molex are Male, and you need a female. You'd have to use a molex from a device for that to work... but, yes, it would work.
I've got a box with devices from about 12 years ago right up to 6 weeks ago when i replaced some shit.

If you've got a a plug I guarantee I've got something I'll never use again that fits in it.

Doc Brown

Don't make me make you my hobby
Mar 31, 2006
Ohio
7960 said:
I've got a box with devices from about 12 years ago right up to 6 weeks ago when i replaced some shit.

If you've got a a plug I guarantee I've got something I'll never use again that fits in it.

I've got a couple of the adapters that let you plug a fan in between
a cable and a hard drive. So it has female on one end and male on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan