CAR I'm planning on riding my motorcycle from Alaska to Argentina

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
You won't make it through mexico with the current gas shortages
Have friends who are all over Mexico right now, gas shortages are a pain but you can still travel around... and can certainly get through MX

No gas shortage in Baja since we get our gas trucked in and not pipelined :tbow:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
the ferry seems to be really sporadic with no real schedule. Various internet reports have it running as of 2017 but then not running after that, with no new updates. There are several roll on / roll off services that seem like they can do the trip, but again last updates don't seem to be that recent
https://www.drivetheamericas.com/wiki/vehicle-shipping-across-darien-gap-urge

at this point I kinda figure I'll say fuck it, drive down to Panama at my own pace (or try to ship from Guatamala since Nic and Honduras are pretty unsafe right now) and if all else fails just drive back up to Texas

Makes the most sense to me. That's why I was asking. I know you can get across it obviously but since you cant drive over rhat area, I was asking how he was planning on doing it. Lol. I'm sure I am overthinking it as well but I wouldn't want to ride through a few areas of the trip either.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448