TS
TS
_Trev_

_Trev_

Ya gotta pay the troll toll...
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Bay Area
this thing runs much hotter under vista. I'm assuming that's due to the missing "performance counters" driver. But with all the right software installed and drivers, it's not too bad. It'll at least be fun for playing games.

TS
TS
_Trev_

_Trev_

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Bay Area
I'm already back into OS X :mamoru:

The real reason I installed it is to test it out before installing it on my PC. I really didn't want to go through the effort of installing vista, realizing it's not ready or whatever and then uninstalling it. This gave me a shortcut to try it out.

Dysfnctnl85

IT/Apple/Rotary/(D)SLR Crew
Dec 20, 2004
Fayetteville, Georgia
_Trev_ said:
I'm already back into OS X :mamoru:

The real reason I installed it is to test it out before installing it on my PC. I really didn't want to go through the effort of installing vista, realizing it's not ready or whatever and then uninstalling it. This gave me a shortcut to try it out.

Whew. Good answer.

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
i had vista on my mbp, and didnt like it. vista doesnt seem to like ati drivers for some reason. i got glitches all the time unless i turned all of the performance graphics down. i installed it on my desktop, and in my opinion, it's actually running better with lower specs than my mbp.

not to mention, when i installed vista, i immediately restarted into mac os x, then a week later, booted into vista where low and behold..... goatse tiled on my background....... so secure.

canIscream

Dog Crew is Best Crew
Nov 20, 2006
Orlando, FL
hurleyint1386 said:
not to mention, when i installed vista, i immediately restarted into mac os x, then a week later, booted into vista where low and behold..... goatse tiled on my background....... so secure.
lol. true story?

bovine

Jan 3, 2006
Austin, TX
Doesn't Vista have some fairly lame copy protection that allows the OS to only be installed on a limited amount of hardware configurations before it gives you the finger? That would suck if you used one up just to test it out on your MBP.

Hope you got it in Mexico or I'm wrong about the copy protection.

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
bovine said:
Doesn't Vista have some fairly lame copy protection that allows the OS to only be installed on a limited amount of hardware configurations before it gives you the finger? That would suck if you used one up just to test it out on your MBP.

that's true :o

(corporate doesn't do it though)

TS
TS
_Trev_

_Trev_

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Bay Area
bovine said:

Oh, don't worry about me. :hsugh:

TS
TS
_Trev_

_Trev_

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Bay Area
I will add that with the new drivers disk from bootcamp 1.2 that vista works much better :coold:

TS
TS
_Trev_

_Trev_

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Bay Area
Spinkick said:
what about parrellells vs bootcamp?
Parallels = No Aero, Media Center is slow, games don't work. and the fancy addons don't work.

Boot Camp = Basically just like a normal computer

DatacomGuy

is moving to Canada
Oct 14, 2002
Tampa, FL
Boot Camp you have to restart into though, right?

I've installed parallel, just haven't used it yet. I just need it for some proprietary apps at work...

However, after owning vista, and now having OSX, I'm just as happy throwing windows 2000 in parallel.. :rofl:

fixthe fernback

Jun 16, 2006
the new boot camp + vista = super stable, much more stable than XP on my mac. I've been using it alot recently to play command and conquer 3

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
hmmm, all this talk of vista performing better with the new boot camp... has anyone tested it on a 17" MBP? with the resolution being 1680x1050, the video drivers just sucked ass using any drivers i could find. also, has anyone installed VS2005 on their vista install? i was having trouble with it a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan