I'm taking the family to the Texas mecca today

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
What are you a fuckin expert?
i just want good stuff.

we all spend extra on higher grade meats, and actual chocolate made by chocolatiers, cuz it tastes better

premium and ultra premium ice cream tastes better, its worth the extra dollar.

fun fact- when i was a grocery mgr, our VALUE PRICED ice cream in the gallon bucket which was the cheapest thing we sold was CREAM first ingredient, i made soooo many customers switch to it

:scootin:

Gotcha38

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
South Carolina
i just want good stuff.

we all spend extra on higher grade meats, and actual chocolate made by chocolatiers, cuz it tastes better

premium and ultra premium ice cream tastes better, its worth the extra dollar.

fun fact- when i was a grocery mgr, our VALUE PRICED ice cream in the gallon bucket which was the cheapest thing we sold was CREAM first ingredient, i made soooo many customers switch to it

:scootin:
I'll have to check out big buckets at the store. That's a good tip. :cool:

If Hagen Das and B&J are 12% and Blue Bell is 10%, I'm not sure the 2% difference is enough for me to really notice, or pay the difference. A Hagen Das pint is the same price as a Blue Bell gallon. :dunno: If I want special ice cream I can always go down to our local place instead of buying from corporate places like Ben and Jerry's.

bigjohns97

Thread Killer
Dec 6, 2010
Does he eat nothing but Ben and Jerrys? lol
We haven't even gotten to that part, we're still on "EVERYONE FROM TEXAS THINKS BLUE BELL IS THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER".

Only his wife and myself are from Texas, and we both responded "No, not really, it's just what everyone around here grew up on"

Rinse and repeat.

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin
We haven't even gotten to that part, we're still on "EVERYONE FROM TEXAS THINKS BLUE BELL IS THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER".

Only his wife and myself are from Texas, and we both responded "No, not really, it's just what everyone around here grew up on"

Rinse and repeat.

BB makes good milkshakes tho

Reactions: bigjohns97

bigjohns97

Thread Killer
Dec 6, 2010
BTW has anyone been able to find the oatmeal cream pie flavor anywhere yet?

Oatmeal-cream-pie-HG-1-WEB.png

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
I used to love Rocky mountain road, but haven't seen it since they were shut down for listeria. I usually buy Tillamook ice cream now.

BrianCash

OT Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Chicago
fair question

it comes down to BUTTERFAT

cream and skim milk like b+js is > 10% butterfat

garbage 'ice cream' like bluebell which is milk first is only 10% butterfat

the shit thats labelled frozen dairy dessert in the store is <10% butterfat

legally the govt allows 10% to be called ice cream, but no sane person considers it to be.
Was not expecting to learn so much entering this thread

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
I'll have to check out big buckets at the store. That's a good tip. :cool:

If Hagen Das and B&J are 12% and Blue Bell is 10%, I'm not sure the 2% difference is enough for me to really notice, or pay the difference. A Hagen Das pint is the same price as a Blue Bell gallon. :dunno: If I want special ice cream I can always go down to our local place instead of buying from corporate places like Ben and Jerry's.
for flavors,

i sometimes cave and buy the garbage

i love tiger ice cream, one brand has cream first, but isnt always in stock, i try to buy years worth, so i always have it, but sometimes i gotta cave and buy the other brand

Reactions: Gotcha38

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary