FIT Imnotcrazyijustdontgiveafuck v.2011

Bodhi

My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g
Feb 14, 2008
New gym membership next week

new diet revised purevl routine

cardio to start:
20 min elliptical run/jog
aiming for 1 mile/8min (dont give a fuck its for my knees)

M
Chest/Traps

T
Back/Shoulders

W
Off

T
Bis/Tris/Calves

F
Legs

Sat/Sun
Off/outdoor golf/light walk run

OFF days from diet/garbage meals

Current:
April 21st 5'7 178lbs. '09 158lbs.

Goal: 160-165
Mile ~ 7:00-7:30
Greater flexibility with back movements
Balance/Confidence

Any suggestions/comments im open to everything. this is huge for me, haven't been motivated/had some issues past 2 years.

*Cigarettes - my goal is to completely rid myself of this in May. If anyone has any input, please throw it up, I don't care if its positive or negative. I need help to stop completely, its hard as fuck, but if i don't stop I will never make it to/through the academy.

Here we fuckin go

[y]yd972J6f4IY[/y]

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
thanks man

1st question

what shoe would you recommend if im goin to primarily run trails on the weekend. Ex. multiple elevation changes over 2 miles, no pavement, mostly dirt and loose gravel.

if the knees feel better soon it might turn into just an off day non-weight routine.

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
how do you plan to quit smoking other than setting a deadline?

personally I think setting deadlines are worthless, I probably set a hundred I'm done friday, I'm done after my birthday, I'm done after this pack deadlines. the only point of setting a deadline is to make it okay for you to smoke now.

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
if you have the patience to read a little bit, read this thread.

it's interesting to see other people's point of views as they struggle with quiting. it puts a good perspective on people that are only going to do it during this time, or that time, or cut down to this many instead of that many. since it's an old thread, you can see how they have progressed. basically, how it didn't work.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3762111

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA

personally I think setting deadlines are worthless, I probably set a hundred I'm done friday, I'm done after my birthday, I'm done after this pack deadlines. the only point of setting a deadline is to make it okay for you to smoke now.

Quit nao.

Congrats on being a gingah nigga.

Bragasaurus

Nov 4, 2007
Boston

i've tried to drop some bad things, same as you, but kept allowing myself "just one more time" or "just to the end of the week" and i found it more effective to just nut up and do what needs to be done

PcH

thanks man

1st question

what shoe would you recommend if im goin to primarily run trails on the weekend. Ex. multiple elevation changes over 2 miles, no pavement, mostly dirt and loose gravel.

if the knees feel better soon it might turn into just an off day non-weight routine.

i honestly dont do any trail running at all, but if you want to try the minimal running stuff, ive heard good things about the vibram five fingers kso trek. not the kso, the kso trek. i ran a 10k trail in the kso and wanted to kill myself. rocks everywhere.

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
Best thing to kick nicotine is to kick alcohol, too.

alcohol was never big for me anyway, usually just drink on a saturday now. but you're 104% right, with booze the nic-fit monster crawls over my shoulder and screams in my ear

well dudes .. ive weened myself down from a pack a day to 4-5 a day, starting this weekend im just going with 10 for Fri-Sat-Sun see if that works, and go clean during the week.

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
i honestly dont do any trail running at all, but if you want to try the minimal running stuff, ive heard good things about the vibram five fingers kso trek. not the kso, the kso trek. i ran a 10k trail in the kso and wanted to kill myself. rocks everywhere.

might go with a basic C/T shoe .. something cheap that hopefully has decent support and see how it develops

PcH

might go with a basic C/T shoe .. something cheap that hopefully has decent support and see how it develops

if you're not going minimal style running shoe, i think most traditional trail running are a bit heavier. i personally like brooks and saucony.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
alcohol was never big for me anyway, usually just drink on a saturday now. but you're 104% right, with booze the nic-fit monster crawls over my shoulder and screams in my ear

well dudes .. ive weened myself down from a pack a day to 4-5 a day, starting this weekend im just going with 10 for Fri-Sat-Sun see if that works, and go clean during the week.
Good for you.

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
thanks, gonna go through and read it.

something has to work my man, its required.

it's good that your working on something, but you'll find out, reading through that, that the poeple that tried to cut back always ended up worse or right where they started.

when I said do you plan on using anything, i meant like patches or pills, or anything to supplement it?

i tried chantix, nicotene gum, chewing tobacco, cold turkey and the nicorette patches. for me, the patches worked. first three days were miserable, after that it was easier. i'd stay away from smokers for atleast a week while you cut the phsyical addiction. once you break that addiction, you'll have to work on the habits. that's the shit that stays with you for months.

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
Thanks dro

P i do love the saucony and the way they fit, will pick up a pair this weekend, and blab about how it feels on my run wednesday if i choose to do it.

Supp list for those interested:

Org Triad (3 a day because im small)
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
CoQ-10
Tribulus
St John's Wort

-basic supps, have been on them for 2 months. the st johns i know has helped. **any other suggestions on useful herbal supplements or vitamins feel free to throw input where ever id appreciate it** -this is clean guys, natty's kind of a joke if you really want to see legitimate gains, but so be it, it WILL be the hardest ive ever worked ... period

basic background: have been an athlete my whole life until after college, that includes a 5-6 day gym regiment that was basically religious for me. from 23-26 it all fell apart. from 26-28 i basically relearned how to train properly and eat clean from one of the members here, and lived it 24/7. lost focus 2 years ago, and went from 150ish, visible abs, etc to 183. typical overload of italian food and sitting on my ass. the worst feeling in the world is knowing your capabilities and then realizing whats in the mirror after you lose sight of what's important.

if i do this, im all in, no more partying, no bullshit, and hopefully this will inspire the most important people in my life to start as well.

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
it's good that your working on something, but you'll find out, reading through that, that the poeple that tried to cut back always ended up worse or right where they started.

when I said do you plan on using anything, i meant like patches or pills, or anything to supplement it?

i tried chantix, nicotene gum, chewing tobacco, cold turkey and the nicorette patches. for me, the patches worked. first three days were miserable, after that it was easier. i'd stay away from smokers for atleast a week while you cut the phsyical addiction. once you break that addiction, you'll have to work on the habits. that's the shit that stays with you for months.

the hardest thing for me will be dealing with smokers, my best friends smoke, my girl-buddy-friend smokes, and that will be/has been miserable to deal with.

my girl has the chantix, but i haven't tried it yet. i know the worst will be withdrawal. some weird thing that has worked, it sounds and looks retarded, is hangin a tooth pick around in my mouth while i work. even though its completely unprofessional, and i look like joe guinea, it keeps my mind off of shit.

smoking in the car will drive me INSANE, ill need something to fiddle with or chew gum while i drive, good thing my new whip is stick.

im gonna look into the patch, thats the 3 step or something 3-4 week program right?

thanks man

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
haha, having a manual helped me too quite a bit.

i think the patches can be as long as 16 weeks? i'm pretty sure I went through like 6 weeks. my girl used patches for about 3 weeks.

they itch like a mother fucker for about 30 minutes, if you get past that you are fine. the habits are hard. but like I said once you get past the physical addiction to nicotine handling the habits is easier. i'd really try to stay away from people who smoke for atleast the first 3 days or so.

i remember when i was going through the withdrawal, was almost 72 hours in, and i thought of the most goofy shit. trying to convince myself to either go have a smoke or not to. it sounds fucked up, but whatever it was going on in my head, once i decided, at that point i was done for good (atleast like a year and a half). i haven't touched em since.

if you are a tight ass, buy the knock off brand of patches by good sense or something, work the same ;) half the price.

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
if you are a tight ass, buy the knock off brand of patches by good sense or something, work the same ;) half the price.

dating a pharma-tech helps :bigthumb:

trust me man, i will be a tight ass after i just put $20 into my winter beater today and only got a quarter of a tank

Meal 2 (dinner)

*demonsalad* (at least 3-4 times a week)
3 cups spinach
8oz chicken
2 hard boiled eggs (yokes removed)
1 carrot (shredded)
1 baked potato (w/ olive oil and s&p)
3 tablespoon lite italian dressing

2 glasses of water

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
Diet for today:

1030 Shake

Now: 2 cups spinach
Chicken breast
small baked potato
2 Glasses of water

Dinner: Chicken breast
Broccoli
2 slices of wheat toast

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
no gym for almost 5 days straight

went from 175 on friday to 183 today (stress/emotional issues)

put the diet in check on monday

*didnt work out*

Last edited:
TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
you my boy blue

1.5 mile run

straight to
3 chest exercises
3 sets + burnout set
2 trap exercises

fuck the scale but i have to gauge this different diet im trying

weight: 180

motivation for today
[y]gI2AFlxMkFo[/y]

-like the bun to the burger the burger to the bun the three to the two to the murder to the one .. like the cherry to the apple the peach to the plum if youre quick on the drawer better reach for your gun-Slaine

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
only 1 cig today .. fuck ya

comin up in t minus 20

15 minute run

light shoulder work
a little bis/tris

for some odd reason my hips are sore .. mainly at the joint

[y]Gq2luReuUJk[/y]

hope im not preggos

TS
TS
Bodhi

Bodhi

Feb 14, 2008
15 min run planned for tonight
light chest routine

broke down and bought a pack .. does not feel good

[y]1hYV-JSjpyU[/y]

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan