In 2019, more Afghan civilians were killed in airstrikes than at any time since early 2002

JoJoFine

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Part of the issue was letting the Afghans themselves be able to call in airstrikes from US aircraft. When I was over there back in 09 they would ALWAYS disregard collateral damage when deciding when to engage anybody (which was rare because they'd usually just turn & run 95% of the time)

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
This can't be true because Mr. President J Donalds wouldn't hurt a flea. Right @Cyan Connect ?

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
Part of the issue was letting the Afghans themselves be able to call in airstrikes from US aircraft. When I was over there back in 09 they would ALWAYS disregard collateral damage when deciding when to engage anybody (which was rare because they'd usually just turn & run 95% of the time)
I do not pretend to know anything about battle tactics but I've watched enough Funker530 videos to laugh at how the locals hold themselves and act during firefights vs. American soldiers.

JoJoFine

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
*huddle/duck*
*fire blind over a pile of sandbags*
*nervously talking to each other instead of eyes on the enemy*
The tactic of spray & pray is probably the first & only tactic they're tought in whatever kind of hell Afghan basic training is. Their SF units were pretty badass though

JoJoFine

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Who trains ANA SF? Us?
US SF trains them up. I was always impressed with Afghan SF dudes whenever we got to work with them. They didn't just spray something with bullets & hope for the best and were always ready to do whatever their mission involved. They even had their own SF helicopter corps to haul them around the country for whatever they were tasked to do.

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
US SF trains them up. I was always impressed with Afghan SF dudes whenever we got to work with them. They didn't just spray something with bullets & hope for the best and were always ready to do whatever their mission involved. They even had their own SF helicopter corps to haul them around the country for whatever they were tasked to do.
Figures, the only worthwhile element is trained by foreigners :o

Don't they fly around in old Russian helos? I'd get twitchy as fuck seeing those buzz around me :rofl:

JoJoFine

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Figures, the only worthwhile element is trained by foreigners :o

Don't they fly around in old Russian helos? I'd get twitchy as fuck seeing those buzz around me :rofl:
Oh hell yeah they did. I got to take a trip in one of those operated by contractors as a mail flight so I could get from Bagram to FOB Altimur (15-20mi south of Shank) in Logar. The "door gunner" was a dude in a metal folding chair (like one from a walmart) with a pistol strapped to his hip. I distinctly remember it was bumpy af, really cold and there was oil & various colored fluids running down the sides of the interior from the mechanical bits.

Reactions: Buzz Killington

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC
you know. for a time i wondered if @Pogi was just a real horrible troll like we had back in ~06.

but no. he's just this stupid and a horrible human

melroy

wonderin how many people ITT have been meditating
Apr 1, 2018
hopefully someone fucks up and drone strikes @Pogi in his home

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6