In laws had a distant relative die and are inheriting $300k+

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
It’s my wifes sisters husbands relative who died.

They are getting about $200k cash, plus 1/3 of her house which is gonna be sold.

They both have pretty good jobs and I would guess make close to $200k between them. Yet they are also the yolo type. They rent a townhouse and spend a lot of money on cars and vacations and such. Which is fine.

The problem is they are probably gonna go nuts now that they got so much money and my wife will want to keep up. For reference, these are the people who wanted us to go with them to a $300 a night campground this summer :yikes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Twinsen

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
wtf wife will want to keep up???
Who did you marry that your wife can't see her parents get some cash and feel like she needs to spend equally? Sounds like some fuckin problems that need dealt with.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Your wife wants to keep up with a couple that combined makes less than the average middle class single person and just came into a windfall of cash they'll burn through in a month....a divorce is probably cheaper with all the context clues you have provided, guessing if she takes half of what you got that's not very much.

Reactions: fatmoocow

cooly

OT Supporter
Jan 23, 2006
Your wife wants to keep up with a couple that combined makes less than the average middle class single person and just came into a windfall of cash they'll burn through in a month....a divorce is probably cheaper with all the context clues you have provided, guessing if she takes half of what you got that's not very much.
200k is now less than the average middle class person makes...God damn it OT :bowrofl:

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA

You think the average middle class single person makes $200k/year? :rofl2:

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Your wife wants to keep up with a couple that combined makes less than the average middle class single person on OT and just came into a windfall of cash they'll burn through in a month....a divorce is probably cheaper with all the context clues you have provided, guessing if she takes half of what you got that's not very much.
let me fix that for you

• Haha
Reactions: MrBlonde

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman