In middle school, there was a day where there was a table set up in the hall where they sold little christmas gifts & books. What was it called

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I've heard a lot of people had this, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called.

I remember my mom giving me an envelope with like $20 to get a few things

DaZ

System 9 And The 7 Dwarfs
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2004
MA
I would always buy toys because I hate to read books :bowhs:

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC
fuck yeah book fair day

in my little hometown USA we also did that Book It program. Read/buy so many books, get stars toward a free personal pan in the griddle from Pizza Hut :tbow:

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
I remember we had book fair days but then around the holidays our school had a dedicated "holiday shop" where things were more gift/christmas related vs being primarily books.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
The holiday shop was better

“here kids by gifts for other people”

me: find cool stuff I want:scootin:

Reactions: pookrat

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Yeah! Book fair day. Now my grandsons are into it. They come home with Optimus Prime sticker books and Paw Patrol books.
And whenever we go to Barnes and Noble, I get the older one ( 7) a DK book. he has one on weather, one on clouds, one on dinosaurs, and one on the human digestive system.

Reactions: CASUAL-SS

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Yup, Book Fairs! My Mom was an elementary school librarian and I loved going and helping her out when I was a kid and even when I was in college. The kids are just so cute about making purchases for their loved ones!

CASUAL-SS

The Artist Formerly Known As
Apr 30, 2020
Anarchist Jurisdiction of PDX
Cop me some Mad Libs and a Clifford eraser top. :coold:
When I was in middle school, my sister and I took a Clifford eraser top and stuck a bottle rocket in the place where a pencil is supposed to go. Shot it off. Obviously the weight of that big ass red dog was too much for the rocket to handle, so he never reached orbit. Instead, it landed in the dry field in the empty lot behind our house and started a brushfire. Fire department had to come put it out and I was grounded.

Fuck that big red dog.

• Haha
Reactions: TripleFive

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448