In the market for a new mattress. Halp

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
Just bought myself a Beautyrest Black

Definitely don't suggest sending it and just buying something online. Every brand's "Medium" is different.

lescivic

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Space Coast FL
Will be in this boat finally after ~20 years when we move to our new house next month.

Was honestly thinking of doing a split king and getting one of those fancy (but off-brand) adjustable beds? Does anyone on here actually use those? Or are they really just for old people? :mamoru:

I have one that’s not a split and glad we got it. Found a deal that basically threw their adjustable base in for free when we bought our beautyrest black last year. Use the head adjustment almost nightly to watch tv or read a book. The only reason we use the feet adjustment is to put on sheets.

Reactions: Twinsen

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
don't get a tempurpedic. I got mine for half price and still feel ripped off.
Well that sucks! I have the tempur-breeze and I have loved it. I prefer a bed with some firmness. Prior to this one, I had a shitty Sleep Number. It was fine for like a week and then it started hurting. Got rid of that fucker before the month was out.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
In on this. Seriously looking at Wink thanks to this thread. Our Stearns is barely 7 years old but we didn't have it on a bunky board (platform bed) and I guess that ruined it. 😢

Reactions: Platinum_Thunder

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2000
Howdy Arabia
Well that sucks! I have the tempur-breeze and I have loved it. I prefer a bed with some firmness. Prior to this one, I had a shitty Sleep Number. It was fine for like a week and then it started hurting. Got rid of that fucker before the month was out.
the memory foam is tearing underneath the cover. it's stupid uncomfortable.

really need to get something else.

Reactions: TenSteel

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Been looking at Sleep Number more and more.

Our bed is about 5yrs old. Was a cheap Zinus. Good for the first few years but sagging a lot recently.

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
What didn't you like about it?
Replaced the pump twice, for starters. It's super bouncy at the setting for no back pain, so every time my ex moved around it woke me up. Making it softer solved the bounce but added in lower back pain. Lost power during some hurricane aftermath, and the damn thing wouldn't reconnect to the app again.

Never again.

Relax Preppy

OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
Washington, D.C.
Replaced the pump twice, for starters. It's super bouncy at the setting for no back pain, so every time my ex moved around it woke me up. Making it softer solved the bounce but added in lower back pain. Lost power during some hurricane aftermath, and the damn thing wouldn't reconnect to the app again.

Never again.
i keep our pump unplugged to avoid it getting fried from any storms/brown outs :o

Reactions: obscure/renegade

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary